• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woohoo! P@H stopping muesli...

MillyAlice

Warren Scout
May be late to the party on this one, but I've just had an email from P@H:
'Because we’re committed to supporting the latest thinking in pet care and welfare, we are phasing out rabbit muesli from 25th March 2013. We’re doing this because new research due to be published next month shows that rabbits fed on a muesli diet are more likely to suffer health problems as a result of selective feeding.

If you are feeding rabbit muesli, we recommend that you switch your bunnies to rabbit nuggets gradually over 14 days. '
Don't get me wrong, if they were /that/ dedicated to rabbit welfare they'd stop breeding and selling them instore, but this could make a big difference! One victory at a time, I guess :D

May be late to the party on this one, but I've just had an email from P@H:
'Because we’re committed to supporting the latest thinking in pet care and welfare, we are phasing out rabbit muesli from 25th March 2013. We’re doing this because new research due to be published next month shows that rabbits fed on a muesli diet are more likely to suffer health problems as a result of selective feeding.

If you are feeding rabbit muesli, we recommend that you switch your bunnies to rabbit nuggets gradually over 14 days. '
Don't get me wrong, if they were /that/ dedicated to rabbit welfare they'd stop breeding and selling them instore, but this could make a big difference! One victory at a time, I guess :D

Yes, I a happy about this but need to strive for them to completely stop selling animals! :thumb: This is definitely a big step in the right direction!

I know it's far from perfect still, but as (I'm guessing) the biggest single supplier of rabbit food in the uk, it means lots of people who for one reason or another don't know any better will be forced into making a better decision. Call me cynical but I wonder what the 'real' reason was (if it will eventually be nationally/eu banned and they're getting ahead etc)!

Whilst it's a good step in the right direction, it really shouldn't affect people much. When fed correctly as 5% of their diet it really doesn't matter what type of pellet/muesli they feed. I hope they do more to educate this fact :thumb:

Back