• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pipppa, very cute Dutchie, found nearly starved to death.

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
Well, I finally managed to upload my bunny pics today, and because I spend such a lot of time on RU, I thought it would be nice for you to meet my buns. I have 5 house bunnies, 3 of which are 'special needs', and the other 2 are special appeal bunnies because of their very traumatic pasts. Bodger came from the RSPCA in Macclesfield, and my latest addition is Barc bunny, 'Mr Spoon', now renamed 'Paddington Bear'.

Pippa is my only female bunny who had a terrible start to life, and very nearly starved to death. When she was found we think she was in the process of dying as she was very cold and too weak to stand. She had to be syringe fed and initially kept warm with blankets, and as she became more mobile a little jacket. Pippa is probably about a year old now, and it looks likely that she will always be on the small side, but appears to otherwise be in excellent health. She is a very lively little thing, and I so wish she could wear a little hard hat, as she is blind in one eye because of a bad eye infection never being treated, and she is always crashing into things when racing about. I find myself fiercely over protective of Pippa, which has no doubt contributed to her demanding, diva like behaviour these days. It's not 'The Only Way is Essex' but 'The Only Way is Pippa'

DSCN2309_zps58d891ac.jpg

Pippa strong enough to stand approx 6 months old

DSCN2310_zps98d7d1c1.jpg

Getting bigger now

DSCN2411_zps2570e70e.jpg

"My jacket keeps me lovely and warm"

RSCN2318_zps7cee6b9e.jpg

"So got to grow into my ears, I'm 8 months old in this pic"

DSCN2259_zps8eae1e01.jpg

"So tired all this eating and growing"

She is beautiful, Obviously one very contented wee bunny.

Good on you for giving her such love and affection.....

Fee xx

She's so beautiful. You've obviously worked very hard helping her recover from her ordeal. I had a blind bun who too needs a hard hat. Mostly he copes very well but when startled has a tendency to run into things.

Back