• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet our newest addition U/D Post 25 with video

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Took this gorgeous little boy in today, his name is Rupert and he is 4 years old, he is a lovely friendly little boy but very poorly

About 7-8 weeks ago he became unwell and his owner took him to the vet, he was losing the use of his back legs, very wobbly, eyes flickering, drinking loads of water, the vet checked him over and did a blood test which confirmed he has EC, so what did the vet do....gave him a Baytril injection and told her to go back a week later where he was given another Baytril injection, nothing else, no Metacam, no Panacur, not warned about the dangers of flystrike, not surprisingly he is now urine incontinent, getting slight head tilt, dragging his rear end around because he has lost the use of his back legs altogether, has lost weight and has muscle wastage, the owner was then advised to have him PTS'd

We have taken him in and will do everything we can for him, the owner didn't want to give him up but felt she couldn't give him what he needed

Ruperttoo009x2_zpsfc0c7d0a.jpg

Ruperttoo014x2_zps266fea8b.jpg

Last edited:
poor little one. :( the vet has really let the owners down. i hope they get in touch to recommend that the vet either learns more about rabbits, or refers them to someone who does. :evil:

so glad he is with you now. wishing him all the best x

Oh the poor wee baby :(
Thank God you have him now. I can imagine the owner's frustration, one feels a vet should know more about this kind of thing. :?
Sending vibes that he will heal well in your care. And some special snuggles from the mum of a recovered head tilt bunny. (((((((((((((((feel better snuggles))))))))))))))))

Awwww bless his little heart poor little mite well done you snowy for taking him hope he gets better now :love:

That picture makes me so sad, he looks so down and unhappy. What a stupid vet, I hope you might write to the vet and complain. I'm glad the owner trusted you to look after the poor mite, rather than put him down. Its very difficult when a so called professional tells you a course of action, I'm glad she ignored him.

Lets hope he gets better with you, your a miracle worker. :D

He really is a sad little boy, he can't use his back end at all and has severe muscle wastage, I just hope we can help him, we will certainly do everything we can for him and he will get the very best veterinary care

I think he needs some vibes

This is awful :cry: i don't understand why a vet who knows so little about rabbits can be allowed to 'treat' them, it's despicable :( poor poor boy, he could've been so much better by now :( sending mega mega vibes for him, I hope you can help him :( xxx

Back