• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photo from today - Barn Owl

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Saw a barn owl today :love:
Took a few photos but they need cropping and stuff, so I've just done one... I love seeing owls :love:

DSCF1915a_zpsa21aa1c2.jpg

lovely! it would make a great picture for the wall or a card...

i was never in the brownies but i misread the thread title as 'photo from today - brown owl' and thought....

Oooooo! :D I've never seen one in flight but I know we have three different families of owls in our area. Someone nearby here came out to her front yard to find one attacking her rather large dog, trying to carry it away. The poor dog's ear had to be repaired as the owl nearly sheared it off.
They definitely make me nervous if I hear hooting while I'm walking my Yorkie! :shock:

What a beautiful photo! :) How lucky to be there at just such a moment!

Oooooo! :D I've never seen one in flight but I know we have three different families of owls in our area. Someone nearby here came out to her front yard to find one attacking her rather large dog, trying to carry it away. The poor dog's ear had to be repaired as the owl nearly sheared it off.
They definitely make me nervous if I hear hooting while I'm walking my Yorkie! :shock:

What a beautiful photo! :) How lucky to be there at just such a moment!

Wow! Must have been really desperate, poor dog and owl!

My friend knows where the owls are, we were stood watching the owl for ages. She had her (much better) camera too, but I'm so pleased I got this photo. Last time I was trying to get photos of a bird in flight it just wouldn't work!

Back