• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anything wrong with him?

RabbitBoy_

Young Bun
81912123.jpg

That's my rabbit Blizzard, he's been just there like that all day, is anything wrong with him?

If he's been like that all day and hasn't eaten, drunk, weed or pooed then yes, there probably is and you should get him examined by a vet as soon as possible.

He's been eating and pooing like normal ( so too has he been drinking ), could it be because of the heat in this country or the boredom of having nothing to play with?

Maybe he is too hot. If you fill a water or soft drinks bottle 3/4 full wih water and freeze it you can wrap it with a towel and give him something cold to lay against. Marble floor tiles also work well.
Where are you OP? In the UK it is only just above freezing at the moment and we would love a bit of warmth!!

My bun was sunbathing by the patio doors this afternoon...so thay do enjoy lazing in the sun and warmth. As long as he has somewhere cool to go, and plenty of fresh water to drink, he should be fine. If the air tempreature is too hot, could you use an electric fan to cool the room?

Much warmer than here then. Not sure we have any other members in Trinidad! If he moves away when he's had enough then I would imagine he's ok.

Yeah looks like it could be a heat thing, you can buy ice pods online but a frozen bottle with a sock over probably works just the same, maybe buy a cage fan if bunny has a cage? Or a normal fan if not :) Do the tips of your rabbits ears feel really hot?

does he have plenty of shaded areas to hide? whenever its hot here in england which is rare and when it is for a week we go into shock :oops: i put a fan on for the rabbits ,though mine live indoors, if they do go out try and avoid very hot times just like i would wth children, and if they are out when hot have plenty of water topped up regularly soo fresh and shade created with umbrellas

you say you've tried ice bottles?, maybe mist him alittle to cool him down or put a cold flannel on him

Back