• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gross- dead bird in Hay bale

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Eewwwww....

Asked my son to feed the bunnies today, wee soul, he has now refused as he came tearing and said there was something stinking in the bag. He asked me to look..

It was a mashed up and decomposed bird!! Made my skin crawl

Between spotting rats in the garden the other day and this today. He has refused to feed the bunnies..
Cant say I'd blame him but it has to be done.... Looks like my helper has vanished.....

Will contact the hay supplier...

Fee x

Ewwww, i had a black beetle in mine, i also worry incase i come across any dead mice, birds etc.

Ewwww :shock:

I've never found anything like that in the hay....have heard of people finding dead snakes and stuff though. Would be scarred for life if that happened to me *shudders*

Oohhh, believe you me, I was heaving and shaking and used a pair of gardening gloves to remove it. i have bagged it and binned it and binned the hay......

Must confess, its made me a little more cautious .... what a wuss.....Afraid of hay.......:lol:

Fee x

I got my first big bag from H4P.. I always wonder if I'm going to find anything when I stick my hand in the bag :?

Reckon I'll be be wearing 3 pairs of gloves from now on....... Too scared to do otherwise....

Thats happened to me a few times. Birds often follow the tractors when they are mowing so a few do get caught sometimes

I didn't notice a dead mouse in some bagged hay once and it lay next to Pip in her enclosure all day. I wondered why she had not eaten and about the strange look on her face. In my defense it was in a clump that hadn't broken up when I shook it out. :(

I've also found what appear to be locusts or large grasshoppers in hay bales. There just isn't an EEWWW loud enough!

I had a pigeon wing in feb and then a couple weeks later a squished and very dead mousy... 2 completely diff bales from 2 diff places too! Yucky! Have to say if there had been the death smell I would have freaked :lol:

No sheep lizards or birds here but I did once find a chunk of rusted barbed wire which could have been extremely nasty :shock:

Back