• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is your feeding routine?

Autumn

Warren Scout
When do you feed your buns? At the moment mine get hay in the morning and some greens and then pellets late afternoon. (They get enough hay in the morning that it lasts them 24hrs.)

The Guinea pigs get hay/greens for breakfast then pellets and greens in the evening.

Just curious as to what other people's routines are and what works best for your buns?

Buns get museli and hay morning, forage/herbs and hay lunch time then tiny sprinkle of museli and more hay bedtime :)

Piggies get pellets , veggies and hay morning, forage and hay lunch time and veggies and hay bedtime :)

Mine have fresh hay 3 times a day but there is always a constant supply.
Breakfast at 9 which is a handful of fibre pellets and dried herbs or readigrass.
Then dinner is at 7 and they get a small amount of pellets to share.
They also get a fenugreek crunchie to share in the evening as a bribe for Alice to have her meds.
And on rare occasions they will have a small amount of fresh, coriander is there favourite and for a real treat they love banana!

Well my current pair are only about 6 months old, they get hay and 2 handfuls pellets morning and night. They eat a lot of hay (best hay-eaters I've ever had :lol:) there's usually a tiny bit of hay left in their basket at night. I don't put hay in their litter tray because they won't eat it once its hit the floor :roll: once they get older I'll reduce pellets if their hay eating reduces. They've got grass in their run and I've not given much veg cause it made them a bit loose!

Mine get vegetables and pellets in the morning, fresh hay before we leave for work/school, and then at night more hay and a few bits of parsely/carrot/snowpea as a treat.

morning - Clean litter trays with lots of fresh hay and pellets
evening - pellets, veg or herbs and top up of hay :):wave:

Hay in a morning, greens at tea time when I get home from work and pellets at bedtime. Sometimes they have more hay in an eve too, depends on how greedy they have been in the day and if the mornings hay looks a bit flat if you know what I mean?

Morning - Fresh hay and some pellets.
Afternoon - Either some dried herbs or readigrass mixed in to their hay.
Evening - Plate of mixed veggies.
Then just before I go to bed they get more hay to eat through the night.

morning lots of hay , herbage, some veg + water

afternoon more hay and water

evening more hay + water and fruit and veg

Mine have always got loads of hay. Pellets and fresh stuff about 8.30 in the morning, and again 10ish at night. I space the feeds well apart because they eat lots of hay then, especially during the afternoon and early evening.

Constant hay.
We fill it up in the morning and at night and during the day if it looks like they need some fresh stuff.
Then herbs usually dill and parsley and some thyme at night with their RR
I feed quite late compared to everyone else.
Then maybe about once a week or so they get a 'treat' usually a bit of fruit or some brocoli or carrot.
:)

Back