• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thinking of fostering

lucy24

Mama Doe
i have emailed a couple of places near me about fostering. its something i really want to do! i cant have any more bunnies of my own but would love to help others to find their forever homes! However i still need to ask permission from my parents and want to get all the info together that i need first for that discussion. Anyway, what are your expereinces of when you first fostered?

also do you know of any hutches/runs going for a reasonable price?

ta ta :wave:

i have emailed a couple of places near me about fostering. its something i really want to do! i cant have any more bunnies of my own but would love to help others to find their forever homes! However i still need to ask permission from my parents and want to get all the info together that i need first for that discussion. Anyway, what are your expereinces of when you first fostered?

also do you know of any hutches/runs going for a reasonable price?

ta ta :wave:

Our Fosterers are one of the most treasured parts of the branch :love: It is such a hard, but rewarding experience - and I'd urge anyone with a genuine love for animals to do it. As well as loving animals, being part of a team has to be important to you - we all lean on each other, and help each other through the bad times. Equally, we share the great times - when a long term animal is rehomed to someone wonderful, its just the best feeling. Most rescues will provide housing, I know we do. Go for it!! :D:D

ive conatcted my local rspca that has a section for rabbits specificately. (cant spell today:oops:) their website says there are 13 rabbits on their waiting list to come in :(

Fostering is something I would love to do too. Just need to talk hubby into it and need to bunny proof the garden better. I would to think I would be helping in some way, even if it is only by a very small part.

What criteria is there?

Fostering is something I would love to do too. Just need to talk hubby into it and need to bunny proof the garden better. I would to think I would be helping in some way, even if it is only by a very small part.

What criteria is there?

There is no set criteria, really. Jus obviously that all your own pets are neutered, vaccinated & living in adequate accommodation. There will be a home visit, and vet check done. But other than that, it is fairly similar to the adoption process :wave:

There is no set criteria, really. Jus obviously that all your own pets are neutered, vaccinated & living in adequate accommodation. There will be a home visit, and vet check done. But other than that, it is fairly similar to the adoption process :wave:

Oooo! Now you are tempting me!! I'm not too sure which rescue is nearest to us tbh. We are about 30 mins away from macc. I can feel serious conversations with hubby coming on:roll:

Sorry to hijack the thread btw:oops:

I've been thinking about this too - we are going to plan a nice big bunny shed area in when we sort out our garden over summer :)
My husband thinks it's a good idea because otherwise we'd just keep getting more and more permanent bunnies! :lol:

Oooo! Now you are tempting me!! I'm not too sure which rescue is nearest to us tbh. We are about 30 mins away from macc. I can feel serious conversations with hubby coming on:roll:

Sorry to hijack the thread btw:oops:

Whereabouts are you? We are based over a HUGE geographical area - we're scattered all over the Buxton/Macc/Rode Heath/Congleton area :wave:

Back