• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibreplex - help!

katie88

Mama Doe
Marbles is having fibreplex at the mo. How on earth do people manage to give fibreplex?! I'm really struggling, the only way I'm managing is to put a little blob on her lips and she'll sometimes lick it off, but it takes ages and I'm wasting so much! Am I missing something?!

You've got the carrot one for bunnies, right? My buns have always loved it. Are you forcing the bun to take it? It might be that that they are objecting to, rather than the fibreplex itself. Try putting some on some pellets in their usual bowl and leave them to it.

It looks slightly orangey so I presume it's carrot but it doesn't say on the box? She doesn't seem to dislike the taste as such, and she loves lap time so is quite happy to sit there while I do it. It's just that it's so thick and it goes everywhere I feel like I'm wasting loads.

On the pellets is a good idea though I'll try that in the morning.

Jane - the syringe is really stiff so I'm struggling to syringe is straight in. None comes out when I push and then suddenly a huge blob comes out. Perhaps I just need a bit more practice.

I kind of slip the nozzle in the side of the mouth and squirt it in, normally works. :wave:

I just put it on a small plate and they think it's a treat :lol: they love it and lick it all up in about 5 seconds :lol:

Marbles is having fibreplex at the mo. How on earth do people manage to give fibreplex?! I'm really struggling, the only way I'm managing is to put a little blob on her lips and she'll sometimes lick it off, but it takes ages and I'm wasting so much! Am I missing something?!

Hiya

Does Marbles like basil? If so you could put the fibreplex on a basil leaf and roll it up and feed it to her that way :love:

Xx

Back