• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Michael- Another Possible Cancer :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have tried not to post about this but I just have to

I am pretty certain Michael has a Squamous cell carcinoma of his third eyelid in his left eye :cry:

He is 8 years of age with a past history of Respiratory Tract Infections which have left his lungs damaged. He also has arthritis

The only treatment option for a SCC is surgery. Whilst it is a cancer that tends not to spread in the early stages it can recur after surgery and this then often does lead to metastatic disease.

I will be discussing things with C again over the next few days.

So yet more anxious times here

:cry:

I'm so sorry to see this Jane, but will pray for you and Michael and hope that it turns out to be a best-case scenario.

Sending vibes and hugs x

Thank you

I am feel somewhat over-loaded again now. It seems as though each day brings a new worry. I know that with so many aging Rabbits I should expect it, but it is hard to be pragmatic about things when they are my family :cry:

It's hard enough to deal with one poorly bun, so I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to have several aging and poorly buns at the same time. (((hugs))) and lots of healing vibes for you and Michael x

Oh Jane I am so sorry. :( I hope there is a more positive way forward for Michael.
I'll be thinking of you and adding you to my prayers. I had a cat with SCC but his was in his mouth under his tongue and I think it was a rather more aggressive form. I have never heard of it being found in the eyelid.
I truly hope something to help may be found. (((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))
Also, do not worry about posting. This is part of what we are all here for, to give and receive support for ourselves and each other and our animal clans.
Bless xxxx

Back