• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you pick up your buns for cuddles?

Autumn

Warren Scout
Just curious really.... All of mine get a nose rub at breakfast time and three of them get picked up for the odd cuddle but the other three only get caught and picked up for health checks, vets etc.

Are they missing out? I feel a bit mean sometimes as I 'favour' the other three but realistically that's evaluate they are the ones that sit on my feed wanting fuss when I go in the shed!

They both get nose rubs each day but they are only picked up when needed (and we get a sneaky cuddle). Scarlet hates being picked up.

Fred hates being picked up! He only gets picked up if it's absolutely necessary because he gets really stressed. He's happy to have cuddles on my knee on the sofa though - he just wants it on his terms :lol:

Probably a couple of times a day? We have morning nose rubs, then a cuddle before I go to work. Then in the evening we always have a family cuddle and goodnight kisses/grooms :oops:

We never pick our two up but frequently give them nose rubs and strokes, particularly when they're lying down in their house!

Never pick Bella up as she hates it to the point where she completely freaks out, but I sit down on the floor with her and cuddle her several times a day :love:

Charlie- about 6 to10 times a day?!

Twice for meds but then he spends a lot of time on and off my lap. He sits on my feet or right on front of me and sort of glares til i pick him up for snuggles. Then he hops off to groom himself or eat something, then we do it again!

Pippin and Bubbles get strokes daily but picking up is mostly for healthchecks. Bubbles was ok with it but when i was weighing him daily got fed up with it. He even nipped me last week! Pippin likes it more but only if she's in the mood and she makes that obvious!

Nose rubs and strokes whenever I pass them going round the house. Pebbles gets kind of a cuddle (more like lots of face rubs and kisses around the ears :lol:) when I pick him up to take him to bedroom to medicate or feed, and again back to living room to put him back with Poppy. But he isn't a snuggle bun. Poppy may get a full on cuddle a couple of times a week as she is a snuggle bun, but don't know if she really enjous it or just tolerates it :lol:

Harley and Bruce only get picked up for nail cuts, checks but get strokes a few times a day
Alfie lives in the living room so he's constantly jumping up on the sofa sitting getting cuddles as much as he can

I never pick Amber up, purely due to her being a conti giant. But saying that, i spend more time on my hands and knees cuddling with her, and she'll come sit on my kneee. So she gets attention and cuddles around 20 a day! Even when i am at work i get up 30 minutes early to sit with her in the morning. She is so spoilt!:love:

Never, he wouldn't stand for it :lol: I just sit with him and he'll come and sit next to me when he wants a fuss

If we had chainmail we would pick up Bobo a lot more often as he is the cuddliest looking beast...as it is we would probably need hospital treatment if we tried so we leave that to the vet and assistants:oops:

The others - only when necessary - usually to get them out of places they shouldn't be in:roll:

Misty got cuddles everyday, Lola is no different :) Lola is a lot more loving back though, with licks and sitting on your knee, Misty sat quietly pretending she didn't like a cuddle, but I think she did really :lol:

Willow will sit for ages with noserubs but HATES cuddles
Frankie and Benny just tolerate noserubs but will struggle less if lifted...

Last edited:
Oooh about 3-5 times a day. Ludo doesn't mind cuddles and if he's in the right mood seems to enjoy them and will groom my face :love::love::love:

Alfie is probably the one who gets picked up most just for cuddles, maybe once or twice a month if that. That's OH, I'd never pick him up because he can be quite a meanie :lol: Gives lovely cuddles when he's in the mood for it though. Jessie gets lots of lying-on-floor-rubbing-noses time, and sometimes I'll pull her in for a cuddle while I'm down there. Harriet is a full on independent lady who doesn't need me anymore, she doesn't really even sit for strokes now. Got places to be and people to see :roll: But mainly they only ever get picked up for their nail cutting/general check over, every couple of months or so. We sneak a cuddle in there while we're at it though :D

I pick mine up everyday, he doesn't seem to mind really, my first bun absolutely despised being picked up though so only happened when necessary.

I only pick them up for medicines as they hate it! But if i sit on the floor they will come and sit on my lap:thumb:

I dont really pick any of mine up...Daisy and Lucky are easy to handle but the rest really dont like it :roll: so instead i sit with them and let them come up to me :) Hope wants to get on my lap but gets shy so she tends to puff ball next to me if im sat there long enough...she puts her curious little chin on my knee :love:

Rosey and Bertie are so about each other that they dont notice me :lol: Willow and Molly dont like being picked up so I dont...they come running at me like small dogs when I open the avairy though :lol:

Back