• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think it's time!

Hales1092

Warren Scout
Amber has sulked off to her room, after acting very weird and pulling even more fur out. She ran around the lounge about 20 times, pulled fur out and is now laid in her bed. I went and gave her a ball of the fur she pulled out, and she licked me then nudged me. As if to say 'thanks, now get out'. I have no idea whether it is time, but either way, the door is closed and she can have the room in peace. Will check on her later. :love:

I take it you've confined her to an area where her making the nest ANYWHERE in that area would not be dangerous for the bunnies? Buns, especially first time mums, don't always make their nest in the most logical places.

No idea why you would plan a pregnancy that ends on Easter Weekend, if you planned it of course, but Christmas and Easter are the most awkward times of the year if anything goes wrong. Do make sure you have both your vet's number and your emergency vet's number handy, just in case there are complications.

She has an entire room to herself, she pulls her fur out anywhere, then takes it and puts it in her nest. Her room is completely wire free and hazard free, nice and cosy and nothing that can potentionally hurt the bunnies. She sleeps in a huge dog crate, especially made for great danes, and i don't want to confine her in that. And the vet has just been around and everything is fine, the pregnancy wasnt planned at all. Hence why i have our local vet pop in every week to check on her. And there is a 24 hour vet about 20 miles from us, and i've made them aware too. I've done everything i can to make her comfortable. This is her second litter, and she knows what she's doing by what our vet has said.

& i have also booked time off work, just to be here if anything does go wrong. So i have everything covered.

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwww... Bay-beeeeeeeeeeeeee bunnieeeeeeeeeeees! :lol: bless her heart, I bet you are excited and nervous all at the same time :love::love::love: hope it all goes smoothly Hun.xx

I'm extremely excited and so nervous its unreal! I just wana go sit with Amber and stroke her, but I know that'll put her off. Try a pre-occupy myself with cleaning the kitchen, really not working though :(

I'm extremely excited and so nervous its unreal! I just wana go sit with Amber and stroke her, but I know that'll put her off. Try a pre-occupy myself with cleaning the kitchen, really not working though :(

I would be exactly the same... Hmmm, sounds like one needs more distractions... Cleaning kitchen? Meh, boring... :lol: anything else you can do to preoccupy the mind?

Hoover? Clean the bathroom? Watch tv? :(

Awww... :( don't be sad, is there anything "crafty" you can set your mind to? Something you enjoy doing? I know you don't want to be far from her right now, but is a brief walk/fresh air out of the question? Xx

A walk might do me some good actually :) pop down to the local shop and see if they have any fruit or veg for Amber. Coz she went mad over strawberries this morning, must be a huge craving as she now knows where they're kept and sneaks to get some...

A walk might do me some good actually :) pop down to the local shop and see if they have any fruit or veg for Amber. Coz she went mad over strawberries this morning, must be a huge craving as she now knows where they're kept and sneaks to get some...

:D yaaaay! there you go, something you can put your mind to, and something for Amber... Lucky girly.. *Ponders* Aren't buns clever when it comes to favourite treats... :lol:
Keep us posted about Ambers progress.xx

Back