• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to Separate Jessica and Harry :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
They had been together for about 10 days. There has not been any fighting, but Jessica has been bullying Harry and each day it got worse :cry: At first it was just a half hearted chase at feed times. This then started to occur as and when Jessica felt like being a :censored:
Harry only has 3 legs and it seems his odd gait winds Jessica up :?

There would be some grooming, Jessica grooming Harry but he would not groom her under any circumstances. Last night Jessica's bullying escalated to the point that she made Harry scream :cry: But as Jessica is stone deaf that did nothing to stop her in her tracks. So I had to.
They now live in adjoining enclosures and Harry looks so much more relaxed. I think his back is sore as all the chasing has meant he has been charging about and with only one back leg this can cause spinal issues. So he is having Metacam for a few days.

I am now back to having 5 single Rabbits, none of whom are suitable to bond for various health/behavioural reasons :cry:

Why are Rabbits so complex .................. :?

Oh that is such a shame...but you know that they have such a loving mummy who ensures that their lives are fully enriched, and they can at least see other buns. They live in luxury so really they are probably extremely happy buns.

What a shame, it would have been do much better for them to cope together.:cry:

Bloomin' rabbits!:roll:

what a shame :(

Would it be worth trying again in a few months? I think some bunnies think spring is in the air (or at least W & G think it is!)

I may try Jessica with another of my single Bucks in a few weeks time. I really dont think I will try her with Harry again. Seeing how he is today makes it all too obvious how on edge and unhappy he was with Jessica :cry: I feel I should have separated them sooner to be honest. But I wanted to give the bond a chance as there was never any fighting.

I may try Jessica with another of my single Bucks in a few weeks time. I really dont think I will try her with Harry again. Seeing how he is today makes it all too obvious how on edge and unhappy he was with Jessica :cry: I feel I should have separated them sooner to be honest. But I wanted to give the bond a chance as there was never any fighting.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, you tried your best and sometimes things just don't work. Hopefully if you try to bond Jessica again your next attempt will be a success :)

Seems that bunnies are like people in some ways - most people like and need other people around but some people are just happier on their own.

You tried - and that's all you can do. Such a shame it didn't work out though.:(

Back