• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some pregnancy and kit advice please asap!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
Pre loved add nightmare..not me!!

Two 12ish week old does probably both pregnant :( can they even manage to have babies at that age? Im in convo with the owner trying to establish how long ago she put them with her buck :( add been up for 10 days.

Pre loved add nightmare..not me!!

Two 12ish week old does probably both pregnant :( can they even manage to have babies at that age? Im in convo with the owner trying to establish how long ago she put them with her buck :( add been up for 10 days.

If they are now only 12 weeks I very much doubt they are pregnant already. What makes you think they are ?

She bought them and put them with her buck...she was upfront enough to say either or both could be pregnant :?

If they are about 12 weeks as of TODAY and they are now NOT with a Buck then pregnancy is unlikely, but not impossible.

If the ad went up 10 days ago the Does would only have been just over 10 weeks, conception very unlikely at such a young age. Things may be different if she still has the Buck in with them NOW or if the Does are not both Does-ie one is a Doe and the other a Buck

So establishing that the Does are Does

Establishing EXACTLY when they last had contact with a Buck

Being CERTAIN of the Does ages

Sorry for rushed reply !!

Thats Jane...much appreciated :)

I messaged her back earlier asking if/when they were seperated from her origional buck/how long they were together for etc trying to establish what is going on at the moment...the pic is pretty horrible :( She bought them as company for her buck (as she thought the buck was a doe...but then when she bought the two does she realise her origional doe was a buck? are you following? :lol: )

I feel like banging my head against a wall...WHY dont people get their animals sexed properly :(

The original "buck" could still be a doe, as does do hump too...unless she can see obvious plums now on the buck. It can be very difficult to sex young males...My bridge bun Holly was supposedly female...I was given two dutch sisters and put them with Holly to find out he was a boy, but was very underdeveloped with no obvious plums. Fortunately mine didn't get pregnant, and Holly went to plum fairy...

As long as the buns have been kept seperate since the initial introduction, the females are unlikely to be pregnant.

added to say, it was a vet that told be Holly was female ..

It is unlikely that they are pregnant if they are 12 weeks old, are both does, and have now been separated from the buck. However I would not trust the supposed sex of any of the rabbits, and all need to be sexed asap by someone that knows what they are doing. I don't need to explain to you that this doesn't mean the local BYB or the lady at the petshop, but I would make this very clear to her if you advise her to get them sexed. At 12 weeks it should be fairly easy, but it is essential at this age that a mistake is not made.

Then they need removing from buck ASAP. They will soon be fertile...

I know that...just to clarify these are NOT my rabbits...its someone trying to rehome to two dutch does on preloved :? I have told her but she is sinsiting that they will stay together untill she can rehome the two girls :(

Back