• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stopping them weeing in their bedroom

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
in desperate need of advice, does anybody have any ideas?! Alfie and Roo will literally wet their bedding through after one day of having it changed! I can't clean their bedding out every day and they only have a thin layer and then a litter tray full of litter pellets underneath, but they still use it is a major toilet! I wouldn't have any straw in at all but it is -3 here and they have a snugglesafe because of the thin layer of straw, but I can't not give them any when it is this cold.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop them using it as a toilet?!:wave::wave::wave:

Are they litter trained ? Do they have a litter tray ? If they do , do they have more than one ? If you put another in ( in the run or something ) you may find it doesn't need changing as much . I made my own outdoor hooded litter tray from an 80L wilko clear storage box with a hole cut out with a Stanley knife . It should help to have more than one tray .

Are they litter trained ? Do they have a litter tray ? If they do , do they have more than one ? If you put another in ( in the run or something ) you may find it doesn't need changing as much . I made my own outdoor hooded litter tray from an 80L wilko clear storage box with a hole cut out with a Stanley knife . It should help to have more than one tray .

they have one in their hutch in the corner next to their bedroom but they never use it, annoyingly! They also have one of those under bed storage thingies below their hay rack outside their hutch, it gets changed every 4-7 days and they do use it really well! It's just so annoying that they won't use the corner one in their hutch but will happily sit in wet bedding and poo and wee there!:?

I would if possible move the bedroom area to a different place and stick the litter tray in the current bed area (where they are currently peeing).. to see if that makes a difference. Sometimes when a bun has chosen a particular spot for their business, there isn't a lot we can do!

I would if possible move the bedroom area to a different place and stick the litter tray in the current bed area (where they are currently peeing).. to see if that makes a difference. Sometimes when a bun has chosen a particular spot for their business, there isn't a lot we can do!

Sadly I can't really do that as their hutch is home made and their bedroom is over two levels with fixed levels! Hmm...

Back