• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits bored

RabbitBoy_

Young Bun
My rabbits are currently in their cage laying there and panting really hard :roll: I guess they're really bored. However, when I bring them into the washroom area in the house so they can explore ( it's pretty big ), they come by the door and try to get into the house itself, and when they realize it's futile, they just lay there and pant and do nothing. I can't bring them into the house itself though! Help?

The reason for the panting is too hot, here in Trinidad and Tobago it's really hot these days, but as I said, they're not allowed inside ( per my parents ). I can, however, put them in the washroom area of the house, but it's hot there too :(

If they are panting then it really is too hot for them. They need lots of shade and ways to cool them down, being too warm can really damage a bunny. They probably aren't moving much because they are so warm.

A frozen bottle of water can be laid against to cool down, cooling tiles are also a good idea. :thumb:

Back