• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is this a stupid question? Will a rabbit hurt herself if she falls 7 inches?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
I am making a rabbit house (where she sleeps) it will be 7 inches tall, if she climbs on top and falls off will she hurt herself?

7 inches should be fine :wave: my little buns have a house a bit taller than that, and one of them is a bit disabled, but he's fine with it x

Yes, I agree 7 inches should be fine. Ludo worked out where I hid the tins of Excel nuggets once and jumped up about 3.5ft onto a pile of books to reach the tins. He then slipped off them bopoks and fell, landing not too well. Luckily I caught him a bit, but it still wasn't a great landing, but he's fine. Silly bunny.

It largely depends on how they land.

If they land on their feet; probably not.

If they land on their head; probably will.

17.5cm is shorter than what my rabbits jump to get into their litter trays so would be fine. Their house (which they sleep on top if rather than in so I wouldn't bet on her taking to it as a bed ;)) is 2ft high. They're fine with it and Lola is tiny. She can't clear 5ft like Donny but 4ft is easy for her, which makes 2ft a breeze.

That's fine :) You can't make anything completely risk free, a bunny could potentially hurt themselves jumping about in an empty room. Just like kids, you can't completely wrap them up in cotton wool. A 7" jump is well within a rabbits ability to safely navigate. Scamps sleeping box (which he naps on top of as well as in) is about twice that.

Rabbits are very flexible, and I have actually recently dropped a baby bunny five feet, on accident of coarse, but it was fine. So don't worry rabbits are very durable animals.

Back