• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about Recovery food

JackieS

Warren Scout
Axl and rose were both neutered yesterday and coz she was slow to eat we ended up syringing her some science recovery food........rose is eating now so we don't need to use it anymore.

How long can we keep It for? Can we freeze it to use at a later date? (seems a shame to bin it!)

Not sure about saving it , I just used to make it up as I needed it so as not to waste any :wave:

I didnt think of that at midnight when I was worrying about her not eating Hahahaha that would have been very sensible lol

Had a right nightmare trying to feed it, was a pain in the bum trying to get it into/out of the syringe lol

Have they both got pain relief, Doughnut was given a 24 pain relief injection at the vets but then I came home with about 7 days worth of metacam to give her.

Have they both got pain relief, Doughnut was given a 24 pain relief injection at the vets but then I came home with about 7 days worth of metacam to give her.

Yes :) my vet gives pain relief as standard for bunnies post-spay :)

That's a shame one isn't eating properly. It took Doughnut about a day and she only wanted forage or fresh herbs and a bit of hay, no pellets.

I had been given the critical care too but when I've made it up when she's been ill I've just made up a little bit so unsure about keeping it. I probably wouldn't though just to be on the safe side.

She's perked up today and has been nibbling on bits and bobs :) she's pooing and peeing so I'm not too worried, just didn't want to waste the food if I didn't have to. I have another pack so it's not the end of the world

I've only kept recovery food for 24 hours covered with foil or cling film and in a cool place once made up, then thrown it away.

Shes happily munching on coriander and parsley today, with little nibbles on hay and pellets, so appetite has perked up well

Back