• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think the buns are bored - suggestions?

nessar

Warren Veteran
The buns just never seem to do anything. They're always either sitting on their box or sitting in their hutch. They were quite active when they lived indoors so this something that has developed since they have been outdoors, which is since June. I mean I know I don't get to see them much now, especially at their peak awake times, but they just seem to have lost interest. Barney sometimes free-ranges which he loves, but I don't trust Annabella to let me catch her, and not to go under the wendy house and dig under the garden fence, so she doesn't get to.

This is their setup:
SAM_3664_zpsf331e4e9.jpg

SAM_3661_zpsa41510cd.jpg

SAM_3665_zps62e3ecdf.jpg

The photos are a bit old but everything is basically the same, except that there is no longer a litter tray in the sleeping bit and the outside litter tray is a hooded one now. I also have a 'lounging logs' thing.

They get fresh hay daily and always have lots. They also get greens and at the moment apple sticks daily.

I have this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savic-01950000-Bunny-Toy-Toys/dp/B0041O5F3S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
and I'm going to get some more treat hay so they can have it filled with that.

I regularly fill toilet rolls and tissue boxes with hay for them. I can't scatter-feed pellets as I need to monitor their intake, and I can't feed treats because of Barney's gut problems. I tried a digging box before but they ignored it. Any ideas how I can make life more interesting for them?

Do they use the tunnel much?

Spenser loves an eggbox filled with hay and dried herbs. He makes an awful mess chucking it about though!

My huns need toys swapping every now and then to keep them amused, one pair are currently in need of a swap around.

you have a fabulous set up mine are the same they spend all day watching the world go by and are happy with that they have the option to do more but are clearly happy as they are , don't worry too much thats what rabbits do.............

Oh dear, how long were they indoors buns for? Could they be missing that set-up do you think? My 5 house bunnies don't go outside at all now, as they really don't like it, and the only time I was getting scratched, was when I was trying to put them down on grass and they were trying to scrabble back up my arm. Mind you I guess with comfy human beds, settees, their own fans and ice lollies when it is hot, plus loads of attention and cuddles, I think I can see why the great outdoors seemed kindof bleak.

Back