• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cooper has hurt his paw - X-ray tomorrow

Bailey's

Mama Doe
Poor Cooper has done something to his paw (front). We first noticed it a couple of weeks ago, he was occasionally holding it up when sat down but would walk on it fine afterwards. We asked the vet to check it when they went for their vacs a few days later but she couldn't find anything wrong and just told us to keep an eye on it. He seemed fine for a week or so then on sunday we noticed it again. So, back he went to the vets on Monday, the vet couldn't find any obvious break/lump etc so gave us some metacam to see if it helped at all. All the time Cooper has been eating and pooing fine but finding moving around difficult.
Today he was no better so back he went again to see the vet. We are dropping him off first thing in the morning for an X-ray. Don't think I will be able to concentrate tomorrow at work. I'm just hoping its nothing too serious.
Has anyone else has this kind of thing happen to there bun and any advice please?

poor cooper. i thought bisc had broken his toe/paw once and we went to the vets and he had bruised his toe the vet thought and she said it can be very painful for them. he had metacam and luckily it went back to normal but the next step would have been an xray aswell.

i hope everything goes well and you get some answers from the xray. x

It could be a little fracture or a muscle injury - something the vet wouldn't be able to feel. Hopefully the xray will narrow the possibilities.

Well, it's good news! No broken bones or fractures. :thumb:

He had blood tests done and they found (now this is where I got lost so I may get this a bit wrong) his white blood cells were lower than they should have been but something else (can't remember what he called it) was slightly raised which indicated Cooper is fighting an infection. Apparently infections can accumulate around joints (???) hence why he is in pain with his foot.

He has been started on a course of Batril to fight off the infection, plus carrying on with the metacam. I am to report back to the vets next week. If he's no better then they will do further investigations.

A feel a glass of wine or two is in need tonight, don't think I can cope with the stress of it all!

I hate seeing my boys suffering:cry:

Back