• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr THAT 'Rescue' I rescued the 7 buns from are taking in more rabbits!

Some of you may remember that I rescued 7 rabbits from a 'rescue' before Christmas and 4 out of the 7 needed immediate vet treatment, two were pregnant and one later died. Well, the rescue who admitted to me at the time that they were 'not set up for rabbits' are taking more in and are asking for hutches on their FB page. I posted a comment asking them how things had changed from December when the volunteer there told me foxes were getting in and taking rabbits, chickens, ducks, etc nightly but they didn't reply. Now they have blocked me from posting. :evil:

Sounds like a guilty conscience to me?? :censored:

How terribly sad and frustrating :( It's always so upsetting when animals need rescuing from rescues; people generally with big hearts as they see animals in need, but don't see that they're just not helping. Is it worth reporting them to the RSPCA? It might scare them into making some improvements even if it's not "bad" enough to stop them altogether, but if they've got animals shoved together in insecure accommodation and some injuries on the premises, they might be able to take more action. Worth a go maybe - the worst that can happen is that nothing changes, but on the other hand, something might. xx

Oh no that's awful, I do wish places like this could be regulated, there are probably unwitting members of the public donating to them :cry: xx

I have spoken to the RSPCA who took no action :(

I actually believe that people really think the work the 'rescue' is doing is great. They are very careful in how they publicise and promote themselves etc. I wish I could spread the word more... :cry:

That is so upsetting to hear :cry: But as anyone can decide to set up a 'Rescue' it is bound to happen in some cases. There are no regulatory bodies to ensure that a 'Rescue' is suitably qualified in terms of species specific knowledge and general husbandry. I could start a Cat Rescue tomorrow and I know naff all about Cats.

Back