• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we have been on a family trip to the vets today

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
me and o/h and bisc, matt, maisie and eddie.

bisc and matt had their vaccinations, their second combined one, and a general check over. all is fine. they also each had a swab taken from their noses and tummy skin for some research for cambridge or something. both healthy, snuffles still stable, weights stable and looking healthy. mr matt was in a mood though and thumped. :lol: he doesn't usually do this so must have been extra grumpy. :shock: :love:

maisie piggy had a check over aswell. i have been worried about her lately as she has been making a weird snuffle noise occasionally. she always has over the years but lately it seems more regularly. anyway, the vet thinks her immune system has been lowered after the stress and grief of losing ches, but her weight is going back up now and her nose and chest are clear and her heart sounds fine. she's strong and has good muscle tone, good membrane colour. i have been worried about her heart but she seems fine. we have some uri meds on standby if she carries on making that noise but for now she 'just' seems like a piggy who has a lowered immune system after losing her friend :( but good we have a plan of action if things get worse. her ovarian cysts haven't grown either and i was worried about her fatty eye but her eyes looked clear and bright. :love:

eddie had a weigh in aswell and he's 940g and he's also in good condition. :love:

i feel more relaxed after they have all been checked over. :D

vets always = a peace of mind for me! Mine need their vaccinations soon, I hate taking them! Got to be done though :thumb:

vets always = a peace of mind for me! Mine need their vaccinations soon, I hate taking them! Got to be done though :thumb:

i always feel much calmer after taking them aswell. i was starting to worry about maisie and getting paranoid. always takes it out of me though, it seems such a long day when we go. x

Back