• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ds show and tell. Any suggestions welcome

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My ds came home last night and told me he has to do a show and tell thursday morning at school.

Ok so what do you want to do it on? Rabbits he says. Can i take Belle to school? Sorry no not really a place you can take rabbits but you can take some pictures. Mum what can i do besides pictures. We sat and desided to do a show and tell on diet, housing and healthcare. We talked through and went through a few sites last night and have so far complied three lists.

Diet. Good and bad foods. We done this very basic. Ie good = hay, pellets and a few safe veg and herbs from the rwaf list. Bad Ie lettace, bread and sweet treats.
Housing hutch sizes and run sizes ie to small and the recommended size.
Healthcare. Vaccinations, neutering, handling and grooming.

I don't want to overload the kids as although they are y5 and y6 its alot to take in. Ds has it all in as he has learnt over the months of care for our rabbits so not a issue to him.

If anyone has any added suggestions that would fit with the topics we have. That would be great.

Could you add something about not gettin rabbits for Easter, then its aimed directly at the children, coming from another child! Other than that it sounds like you have it covered :wave: x

Ds did his show and tell yesterday.

He got a team point and a head teachers award for it :D. As it was informitive and not one they have had before. Normally its moshi monsters or some sort of latest craze on the playground.

I think he managed to get across the main points and that rabbits are not good pets for kids. He was questioned a few times about why he's not allowed to pick our rabbits up. But he just explained and it seemed to sink in.

Will find out if i get any kind of backlash after half term.

Back