• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger U/D He's home :D

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
He was admitted, thankfully not bloat but stasis.

He's taken a little hay today and this is the first thing he's eaten by himself for the past few day or so, he's still not passed anything, but he's starting to get gut sounds again and more bright eyed. Jemimah was with him but herself had decided to not pass any droppings but eat whilst at the vets, we brought her home last night and were greeted with lots of poos, so she was evidently withholding due to stress of the vets. We also got to visit Roger and he was so happy to see us, he was very bright eyed upon seeing both us and Jemimah (they were kept separate to minimise his drip being pulled or eaten through and also to track droppings.)

Here's our little man taken last night at the vets with his little ears taped together with drip intact.
2013-03-26181930_zpsfbf61663.jpg

The vet is happy with his progress but still no poops, so if we could have pooping vibes that would be awesome. Thank you!

If he passes dropping he could potentially come home tonight. :love::love:

I love our little fluffy man so much

Last edited:
Sending millions of vibes Roger's way. My Bilbo was admitted Sunday just past with stasis also. He had a hair bolus stuck in his tract because he is very fluffy and I notice your poor wee boy is the same. It might be worth mentioning it to the vet that hair might be an issue. Bilbo took two days to pass anything and almost three before he starting eating of his own accord again so I can imagine how worried you all are. It sounds like Roger has been making good progress though, sending more vibes so that this continues xxx

Aww bless him!!! Xxxx

Sending lots of pooping vibes, if input is resuming then hopefully it won't be long before output does too xxxx

Sending millions of vibes Roger's way. My Bilbo was admitted Sunday just past with stasis also. He had a hair bolus stuck in his tract because he is very fluffy and I notice your poor wee boy is the same. It might be worth mentioning it to the vet that hair might be an issue. Bilbo took two days to pass anything and almost three before he starting eating of his own accord again so I can imagine how worried you all are. It sounds like Roger has been making good progress though, sending more vibes so that this continues xxx

Oh, I'm happy to hear Bilbo is feeling better now :), thank you Fiona, I will suggest it, he isn't moulting badly but he is incredibly fluffy so definitely a possibility, I'll have a word with the vet

xx
Aww bless him!!! Xxxx

Sending lots of pooping vibes, if input is resuming then hopefully it won't be long before output does too xxxx

You'd hope so wouldn't you. Me and Jay don't know where he's putting all the syringe food.

Thank you xx

Oh, I'm happy to hear Bilbo is feeling better now :), thank you Fiona, I will suggest it, he isn't moulting badly but he is incredibly fluffy so definitely a possibility, I'll have a word with the vet

xx

You'd hope so wouldn't you. Me and Jay don't know where he's putting all the syringe food.

Thank you xx

Bilbo wasn't moulting either Steph, he is a lionhead with an extensive mane and the rest of his fur is incredibly thick and fluffy, the rabbit underneath all that fluff will be tiny! But he had just ingested too much during grooming it seems. We have been advised to groom him once a day with a brush to get most of the loose hairs off before he does. Bilbo also took a lot syringe food for nigh on three days but as you know in liquid form its never as much or as dense as in solid form. Its a very slow process sadly but once it comes his tummy will feel a bit better. Keep an eye out for very dark poos, possibly slimy and tangle with fur. If Roger passes that then excessive hair ingestion will have played a part.

Keeping my fingers crossed for speedy progress and a speedy return home to his wifey mummy and daddy.

Oh bless him :( look at his little ears!! Hope he is feeling tonnes better soon :love:

There must be something in the air...daisy is down with stasis too...second time in 6 months...think it might be the stress of loosing poppy :( she is at the vets with Lucky and hope for company :(

Thank you guys :love: it means so much.

I'll let you know if we get poops! I hope it is fur (potentially) because at the moment it's that or dental..or otherwise we don't know :?

He's never been ill before :(

megansmummy I hope your little Daisy is feeling better soon xx

Thank you everyone, still no poops, but he's been nomming a strawberry :thumb:

I'm phoning at 3.30pm to see if we have any progress, so here's hoping xx

with all that input, when he does go there is going to be photos of mount poop going on for a few days I think!
Heres to some strawberry poops!

Aww c'mon little Roger get those poos coming for ya mummy and get ya gorgeous little self better :love:

Thanks guys and yeah Neleh, vets are massaging his tummy and it's got alot softer and also gut sounds as on Tuesday at 2am he practically have no gut sounds :(

Just phoned and looks like he's in for another night as we don't have any poos but do have noms.

I visiting him tonight with some of his favourite treats again and a Jemimah.

Really wanted him home tonight :(

xx

Back