• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies & Bird seed

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Morning

I was just panicking a little as next door threw a load of birdseed onto their shed roof y'day but the wind has blown it into our garden, I've swept most of it up but the bunnies are out and seem to be finding something very interesting on the floor in that vicinity. If they accidentally ate a bit that I'd missed, would it be harmful for them?

It looks like mostly millet and other seeds with the odd dried worm thing in it. I'm pretty sure I've got most of it up but there may still be the odd seed knocking about.

Thanks x

My buns spend a lot of time under the bird table scoffing the nuts/seeds that the birds have kicked off. I am guessing it's not ideal for them, but it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I'll be interested if someone knows more about this.

Brill thanks, I'll do another sweep before their playtime tonight.

I asked my vet about this as mine seemed to constantly be 'hoovering' underneath the bird table! My vet said it would be okay healthwise but just to watch their weight with the fat content in the seed....

Mine have got hold of little bits now and then as I have a cockatiel too. It's never made them ill but I avoid it as much as I can

Back