• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making the decision that enough is enough.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Honestly, the decision we need to make for our pets is freaking awful......My Inca is 100% there in her mind and she is still eating well etc, just her wee body is failing her due to this broken toe and abscess and all her other issues.

It really is devastating me sitting here knowing that she probably wont be here tomorrow.

I know exactly what you mean. It is utter torture for us and it NEVER gets any easier. I still cant let myself think about Tess leaving with her lifelong companion Stanley just over a week ago :cry: I hope to never have to do that specific thing again :cry:

It wont help you feel any 'better' me saying this, but giving a Rabbit a dignified and peaceful passing when their body is frail, diseased and incurable is our final act of love and compassion. It tears our hearts out though :cry:

I will be thinking of you both tomorrow xx

Oh Kermit (((((((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs and tears for you and Inca)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
No there is no harder decision...not in the whole world. And it is not fair that we should have to make it, especially when and animal seems so bright in themselves, but the body is struggling to go on. If our pets' physical selves could be as strong as their personalities, they would never leave us.
"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
I will be thinking of you and Inca and praying that God either creates a healing miracle, or makes this transition as peaceful as possible for both of you.
It sounds like empty words, I know...and I'm not trying to sound preachy or anything...just that I do believe that He (and I'm certain all of us) will be there with you both in spirit at this difficult time.
If this is what is to be, know that she will be free from all pain and yet still very much with you, just watching you from a beautiful place of comfort and safety. And you will have given her a gift that only someone who loves very deeply can possibly give.
(((((((((((((((((More hugs for you both)))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Oh no poor little Inca and poor you. I think it take a brave person to put the rabbits needs before their own.

Thinking of you, lots of hugs.

Ohh :( what an awful decision to have to make, and although its wrong for us, its so very right to give the animal dignity and end suffering. Imagining "tomorrow" without an animal you love so very much is very hard, lots of people are here for you, i wouldn't of got through the first 24 hours without RU, so many kind people. Lots and lots of hugs yo you xxxxx

Oh, that is an awful situation, my heart is breaking for you..

Whatever your decision is, it"ll be for the love of inca....

Love
Fee x

Really sorry :cry::cry:

She's so unlucky that she has the other problems to contend with as there would be more options for treating her poorly foot. I'm so sorry it's come to this. I'm sure she knows you would do absolutely everything in your power to help her.

Thanks everyone for thinking of Inca.

I am like a rollercoaster of emotions, crying uncontrollably then accepting it and being 'fine'. She is sitting eating her pellets just now but she is having to support herself in her donut and she is not putting much weight on her foot, which is hard as he back legs are riddled with arthritis and she has no tail for extra balance!

Just had her on my knee for about an hour for a cuddle. Gonna be a tough night & day tomorrow, I know the lovely people at RU will help and I know so many people have been through it all before too.

I wasn't at home when my Kermit passed, I always wished that I was here, but now I just dunno what I would have preferred!

Back