• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New outdoor set up

cotton

Young Bun
Before...
5x4ft
116E56D5-8FC0-42E7-8FED-022C78A83E04-578-0000001581A551BD_zps146a97ba.jpg

All 3 chickens have now been eaten by a bloody fox so now the chicken house was free, so I took everything out of the stable, completely dusted and brushed it out, put the chicken coop on a trailer thing on the back of the lawn mower, took it all the way into the yard, got it to the back of said stable, spent forever trying to clean it out, then put the run back in, cut holes in the wire, got a tube, put it through then also connected chicken and run together with a bit of wood nailed, then taped the tube to the wood, this probably isn't making much sense and I don't have photos but I can assure you it is very very secure haha. Then put everything back in the run pretty similar to before just rotated. Then put the ramp leading to a little table with a log acting as a step - this Cotton isn't very sure of, he hates how slippery the table is, ideas? In the nesting box type bit I've put straw and then in the egg laying part hay, he loved digging around in it, it's so cosy! You guys might remember before I had a hutch all designed that we were going to make but dad was all like, oh no it's too cold we will do it in the summer... then in the summer he will be like, oh no we're to busy in with the business etc... so I gave up nagging :(

I've got videos of his first like 5 mins in there and all he did was sniff sniff sniff, took him forever to go into the chicken part, and he doesn't seem to really like in there after all that effort (and arguements with dad who very reluctantly helped a little bit) but I'm sure once I change it to his approval he will like it. Do people want to see the vids?

2E848260-7537-4CC5-A824-44F7644BB311-578-000000157B66F00A_zps97dda00a.jpg

not a great pic but
91BB5E0E-9FC0-4F25-BBB4-3F7F3EBC2A54-578-0000001573FFB0BE_zpscd594af2.jpg

:wave::love::thumb: good days work!

Yes, at night he goes in a shed that's opposite the fire in the house so is much warmer and he has two hutches connected there. xx

No it's not haha I'm not that silly don't worry xx

Oh good haha! I didn't think anyone would be that silly, but I thought it was best to check! :lol: Looks like a great setup - especially with another shed for overnight! Posh bunny :love:

Yes, at night he goes in a shed that's opposite the fire in the house so is much warmer and he has two hutches connected there. xx

What a lucky bunny :D

Two hutches inside the shed?Does he get the run of the shed or do you keep your gardening tools elsewhere????

Nice, I've seen those chicken coops before. Bit expensive mind!

For the slippery slope you could try using strips of carpet perpendicular to the edge, so they have something to grip on when going up (worked for our boys)

Back