• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has buns that won't eat in front of you ?

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Mild panic today. Cutie-pie looked a bit hunched, but she was on the little tray so could have been going to the toilet. Put the food in and neither of them went near it. I locked up and peered through the window. They know I am watching them, so I have to go through a ritual of locking up, taking used bowls inside and sneaking back out to spy on them.

Came out with some crunchies, thankfully she was very keen to eat it. Bandit was tucking into food but pauses when I open the door and won't start until I have closed it again.

Not quite the same I suppose, but both Farore and Sweep will run off and hide the minute you give them a treat :lol:

Doughnut does that if it's a crunchie, she seems to think I will take it away from her.

All she does is eat in front of me so be interesting to see if there are other buns that don't like doing that.

Did you ever see my pics last week of Dexter eating a pepper? Not only does he eat in front of me he also lets me take pictures of the state he gets in :lol:

Taste the texture
image_zpsb59f00d8.jpg

Move it around a bit
image_zpse44fdf9b.jpg

Enjoy the juices
image_zps3bf6a3bb.jpg

Oh no nearly gone
image_zps18538d51.jpg

Show off your pretty smile
image_zpsf212de08.jpg

Finally pucker up!!!
image_zps3ec48141.jpg

Mild panic today. Cutie-pie looked a bit hunched, but she was on the little tray so could have been going to the toilet. Put the food in and neither of them went near it. I locked up and peered through the window. They know I am watching them, so I have to go through a ritual of locking up, taking used bowls inside and sneaking back out to spy on them.

Came out with some crunchies, thankfully she was very keen to eat it. Bandit was tucking into food but pauses when I open the door and won't start until I have closed it again.

When Smudge has stasis when he first starts eating again he won't do it if people are around so I tend to leave him and peer round the corner every half hour or so.

I did see your pictures of Dexter. :love: Very cute.

Elena this is all the time, not a one off. Mr Bennett always eats in front of me, he even comes to beg and will eat out of my hand.

Cutie-pie and Bandit don't like people contact and are nervous bunnies, I suppose that is half the problem.

I did see your pictures of Dexter. :love: Very cute.

Elena this is all the time, not a one off. Mr Bennett always eats in front of me, he even comes to beg and will eat out of my hand.

Cutie-pie and Bandit don't like people contact and are nervous bunnies, I suppose that is half the problem.

Smudge is like it with people he doesn't know too. I guess if he didn't have people round him almost 24-7 he might be the same with everyone.

Peabody has been a bit funny about eating hay in front of me since her mild stasis episode the other week - although I'm not entirely sure why, especially since she'll eat pellets out of my hand still and snuffle me when I'm cleaning! Sometimes she'll eat hay when I'm in the room, other times she'll check the entire upstairs to make sure I'm gone before she settled in to munch. :roll:

Doughnut does that if it's a crunchie, she seems to think I will take it away from her.

Holly is the same - but a bit dumb as in when she is running away she will drop the treat and then gets all panicky because she cannot find it again...:D

Holly is the same - but a bit dumb as in when she is running away she will drop the treat and then gets all panicky because she cannot find it again...:D

:lol::lol::lol: They can be so silly sometimes

Mine don't have a problem at all with eating in front of me, though Pebbles does seem to eat his soaked pellets when I'm not looking at the moment.

Baby is sometimes a bit weird about it, if you put food infront of her or try hand feed her it, she'll rarely eat it unless she's really really hungry, but it's always gone by the next day

Poppy won't, eat, drink or move when we are around. She hates people. Makes me eo sad. At least she is happy with bunnies and she has Mr snowdrop to love her. She won't take treats or anything from us. Still early days and we can only live in hope that one day she stops seeing us as scary nasty humans. I could smack her previous owners, god knows what they did to her in the 4 to 5 yrs they had her :cry:

Poppy won't, eat, drink or move when we are around. She hates people. Makes me eo sad. At least she is happy with bunnies and she has Mr snowdrop to love her. She won't take treats or anything from us. Still early days and we can only live in hope that one day she stops seeing us as scary nasty humans. I could smack her previous owners, god knows what they did to her in the 4 to 5 yrs they had her :cry:

When I clean them out Cutie-pie freezes, its like she is trying to be invisible. We got her when she was 5 and comes from a terrible back ground, where she was used just for breeding in shocking conditions. :cry: There was a rescue raid set up and there were over 200 rabbits living in terrible conditions, some had died or had to be pts. She was very under weight when she was rescued. She is never going to like humans, although she will try a crunchie from my hand, but thats about all.

I don't pick her up as it completely freaks her out and she shakes and starts breathing heavily. They are happy if I leave them alone. The only time I am comfort for her is when I take her to the vets, she will leap up to me.

Hiya

These are brilliant pics - I haven't laughed so much in ages!

What a gorgeous funny little bun x :love:

By the way if I give my bunnies peppers thy look at me as if I'm trying to poison them :)

i suppose from the rabbit's point of view, if you're eating you aren't able to be fully aware of predators. mr bennett is clearly convinced you won't eat him ;)

Back