• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal (rabbit ears)

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone

Do the tops (the fluffy bit) of lop ears moult?

Been checking Ludo's ears today and quite a lot of the fur is loose, but there's no sign of any redness, itchy skin or dandruff.

My last bunny used to just moult everywhere at once, but could Ludo be doing a gentle moult starting at the ears?

Should I keep an eye on him?

Every time I try to check his ears more closely he licks my face so I can't see anything :lol::love:

Some moults do start on the head

But loss of fur around the ear bases can be due to the Rabbit scratching a lot which *might* indicate a problem. So I would try to get a good look inside both ears and watch for any excessive scratching and/or head shaking :)

Thanks Jane, my eyesight is terrible and I can't see because he licks so I'll get someone else to come and look whilst I hold him!

Definitely nothing on the outside but my Mum can have a good look inside with a magnifying glass! :lol:

Thank goodness his health check is due after Easter, it'll be a long appointment!

Back