• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clovers not eating her nuggets? Help? Morning u/d

Charmednm

Mama Doe
She normally jumps right and scoffs the lot, could this sill be a huff she is in?

Last edited:
She has eaten two treats but wouldn't take a third and I think I saw her slightly nibbling hay. She's not too lethargic so not going to go to the emergency vet (and I really don't have anyway of getting there) but even if the nuggets and the little slice of carrot is gone in the morning ill be at the vets first thing

Have you got anything else you can offer in the meantime? Any herbs, grass, different hays, veg? If there's no way you can get to a vet then I would try to provide a selection of different foods to try and tempt her with something.

Sorry realised I'd skipped a head (brain going faster than fingers) I've given her two different types off hay some parsley and a couple of green beans she's had sniffs of them all but turned her nose up I also put nuggets and water into a paste to try and spoon feed But I just got it all over her chops she did lick it off.

Do you have any syringe feed you can use if she refuses food totally?
I just bought more today and have spare, I can give it to you on sat for future if you want?
I'd just povide her with lots of different things to eat overnight, get to vets in the am.
Get teeth checked, and ask for some emeprid for you to keep in the house in case of times like these, I also have a bottle of metacam as well.
They come in handy.
Obviously if she changes during the night, and you become really worried then it's a taxi to the emergency vet.
Sending vibes xxxxx

Sounds like it might be teeth, if she's happy enough to lick the mushed pellets.
Do you have any syringes? You could try mushing it up into paste then give it though the syringe?

Sounds like teeth to me too. I spent most of yesterday pureeing soaked ss pellets with a garlic press...just pushing a tiny bit of apple at the end to sprinkle on top and Pebbles loved it...he loved it even more when I was spoon feeding him, so try that if you can. It is less stressful than syring feeding. Syringe feeding is also not a good idea until a vet has conformed there is no blockage.

Sometimes just offereing a tiny bit of apple (may need to remove peel first) or other favourite fruit will start them eating and get them interested in eating the mushed pellet food.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice as for the syringe I have one (that's actually meant for calpol):lol:
She wasn't letting me giver her that and a couldn't force her. I didn't really think it was her teeth as she took to very crunchy treats.

Anyways I have woken up this morning with her chewing her cage bars. She has eaten all the nuggets I gave her last night as well as the bits of veg. Drank loads and is now currently munching her weight in hay. She also is her usual jumping running self so I am very very confused. Should I take her to the vets anyway??

On route to vets. Phoned up and they advised it just to be safe currently on the bus with her getting very funny looks haha

Good luck! Pebs has been his usual bouncy self and constantly trying to hump Poppy, despite dental on Saturday, day trips to vets for injections and not eating for 2 days..so activity is not always a sign that they are better.

I've just seen this, hope she's OK.

I know if Doughnut doesn't eat her pellets there is normally something wrong. Maybe she had gas and it has passed. Better to get peace of mind though.

Back