• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any piggy people about? question about heating and a snugglesafe

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
do you think it would be too much for the piggies to have a snugglesafe aswell as the heating being on through the night? i can't turn it up anymore than i have been because matt gets too warm, whereas bisc and the piggies maisie and eddie, could do with it being a little higher.

i have been leaving it on about 19/20 recently but the piggies are still cold in the morning. they have coldish ears.

we have the front door and back door in the same room downstairs, so it's probably colder than most houses. upstairs is boiling though typically :roll:

:wave:

19/20 sounds fine...!'m guessing yours are indoors like mine who are also in the coolest part of the house. Just think, many piggies are kept outside in hutches with nothing :shock:

I haven't even thought to check my piggies ears :lol: Do yours have lots of hay to snuggle in?

yes, they are in the coldest part (all of downstairs! :roll:) and have lots of hay to snuggle in, but it still seems cold. they had the snugglesafe aswell and were very pleased with that. :lol::love: i had the heating on 20 but it feels 20 upstairs but not downstairs. :roll:

they seemed fine with both though so i'll keep giving them the heatpad aswell whilst it's really really cold. :thumb:

I find indoor piggies like it best around 20 degrees. My Cassie is an old lady, so I've been putting a radiator on for her at night (although it still drops a few degrees from the day), with a snugglesafe as well.

Gosh - yours are all really lucky. Mine live in the kitchen/conservatory which is unheated so the temperature gets pretty low at night. I only put the oil-filled radiator next to their cage when it's sub zero for several nights in a row. They're always fine and dandy though so I don't worry too much. Mind you, all mine are quite young or middle-aged so I don't worry about them too much yet.

In previous years I've only used a Snugglesafe on the very cold nights. It's only because Cassie's an old lady who isn't in the best of health.

maisie seems to need the extra warmth aswell, although she is only nearly five.

i wish the cage wasn't so low down on the floor either but i can't lift it much because it's under the stairs. i think the front door is the worst place for the cold air so we put a huge canvas infront and some kitchen roll in the keyhole at night :oops::lol:

the stairs are those stupid open spiral ones which means all the heat goes straight upstairs :roll:

i want to move!!!! :evil:

Not too hot and not too cold. I think 20deg is a good temp for both me and the piggies :lol: My boyfriend however likes it much cooler ¬.¬

Back