• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird coincidence or is it?

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
11 days ago Moley was quite poorly and I took him to the emergency vet. Today Poppy has been to the vet... I went to give them breakfast expecting the usual dramas and excitement but Poppy didn't move when she eventually moved she went and sat in the corner of the litter tray. She looked so sad. She had a tiny bit of carrot, wouldn't take celery or cucumber and 1 pellet. I was quite concerned but had to go to work. At 12pm I sped home and she was sat in her bed corner shivering with what looked like blood on her back. I took her straight to the vet (phoned work and told them) the vet gave her the same treatment as Moley as it worked for him. Poppys temperature was low and her gut didn't feel quite right but the vet said she wasn't at stasis yet. I syringe fed her some recovery and went back to work.
At dinner time she ate a good majority of her pellets, lots of veg and hay. So she seems to be doing better (touch wood).
I just can't figure out what has caused it - do you think it's the same thing Moley had, like a virus and do you think it's connected to them going out in their run. As I have only just been able to let them out in it the past couple of weeks. what could be out there, they are on concrete? Could they keep passing it back and forth to each other?

Any thoughts......

I'm not knowledgable enough, but could they have both come into contact with something outside or eaten something which upset them in turn ?
Hope they stay well :wave:

Back