• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit language

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I had to clean Lilly's bad ear today. I normally keep on top of it but the wax has built up too much over the last 3 weeks and it meant getting in there and clearing it. She hates having it cleaned, and it had gotten bad enough this time to be inflamed and a bit bloody :( so we sat on my bed and I spent 15 minutes clearing it. I knew it would hurt her a bit, but I also knew she'd feel much better after. I removed about 2 cms cubed of solid wax :shock: I had accepted before starting I would be bitten, probably multiple times, but that was ok, I can deal with a bite or two to get Lilly out of any discomfort and pain. I was actually very lucky and she didn't bite me, although gave me many "I'm about to bite you" looks! She looked suddenly a lot more comfortable after the wax was removed :D she's a happy bunny now it's unclogged, she's letting me pick her up a lot more, and isn't running when I touch her ear :D

But anyway, to my point! When I got Harvey I read all of this website: http://language.rabbitspeak.com/ If you haven't read it you should it's excellent! I'm always trying to see if my buns are communicating with me and each other :)

Lilly used some of her bunny language on me today. After the ear cleaning she turned to me, walked up to my face (I thought she was about to bite my nose, but didn't move because I felt I probably deserved it!!) and then hopped a space away, looked over her shoulder back at me and then proceeded to wash; which is number 4 on the offendedness scale here http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk_insults.html ! She told me she was angry but willing to forgive, so I stood up and reached over to her and gave her nose rubs, which she accepted and then after she turned around to face me and her angry stance had gone, she was much calmer and she came over to give me attention, she'd forgiven me! :love:

I love trying to communicate with the buns, when Harvey's been naughty before I've turned my back on him and he's so funny, he gets worried and runs over and licks my hand as what I see is an apology :love: he has a large sense of shame, Lilly doesn't though so that rarely works on her :lol:

Aww wee soul, it must be horrible for her...

Yeh, although in the last 6 months I've only had to do it twice. It's all my fault, I treat her to get rid of it, and as it gets better I can reduce the ear medication down to 1-2 times a week, but when it's been fine for weeks on end I will miss a week, and it's still fine, and then I might miss another week a couple of weeks later and it's still fine, so I get complacent and think it'll be fine and it's all better now, but then it comes back SOOOO fast :(

She was ok though, I had a big leaf of spring greens and she wasn't stressed enough to turn that down! She feels better now :) I'm going to just never stop the medication now, even when she's better! Which is frustrating, because she hates having the medication! We'll be having an argument tomorrow when she has to have it! good job I have strawberry tops!

Sorry about Lilly's ear... Poor thing, must be horrible for both of you though - cant be nice even though you know you are only helping..xx your post made me smile though when you discovered what she was saying :D I'm fascinated by what my bunnies are trying to say... Here, right now, Reggie is mostly saying: I like chewing your cushions mumma, but I knows you not best pleased... :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry about Lilly's ear... Poor thing, must be horrible for both of you though - cant be nice even though you know you are only helping..xx your post made me smile though when you discovered what she was saying :D I'm fascinated by what my bunnies are trying to say... Here, right now, Reggie is mostly saying: I like chewing your cushions mumma, but I knows you not best pleased... :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

If my two are doing something naughty and I scowl and point at them, they'll binky! It's like they LOVE doing bad things!

Back