• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Aldi advert I see.

Well it's little boys repeatedly say rabbit, wabbit, rabbit, wabbit. I know there is nothing really wrong with this but I would of thought they would lay of the easter bunny adverts:roll:

Well, they are goi to have to have some sort of easter advertising. They will already have paid for their adverts to run.

I saw this and hated it! Not only was there mention of rabbits, again, but I thought it made fun of speech difficulties.

I can't see a problem with it. :oops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4lPAIou8rU

It's advertising chocolate bunnies (no real bunnies in sight in this one) and the little boy likes the Aldi chocolate bunny just as much as the Lindt one. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect retailers to pretend that rabbits (especially chocolate ones) simply don't exist and I don't have a problem with them being mentioned in adverts as long as it's not going to prompt people to want a real one - which I can't see this ad doing.

I don't think they were poking fun at speech impediments though - the boys were both very young and just naturally haven't mastered the art of pronouncing their 'r's.

I thought it was cute. It was chocolate ones instead.
Sainburys ad is great, shows the little girl loving her choc bunny all day, then biting off its ears by the evening, much to dads shock!:lol: depicts the affection span of a little one well and shows chocolate is better as the quickly loose interest in a rabbit.
Can't get away from bunnies and chicks at Easter really I'm afraid

The other one is on youtube under 'controversial aldi advert' :lol: and for anyone who saw on fb the wee girls mum, shes now started on the video :lol::lol:

loved the sainurys one setting example for chocolate and alldi stopped the other ad with complaints and now done this one wth chocolate too, so
it doesn;t bother me as much as the first one

It's advertising chocolate bunnies (no real bunnies in sight in this one) and the little boy likes the Aldi chocolate bunny just as much as the Lindt one. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect retailers to pretend that rabbits (especially chocolate ones) simply don't exist and I don't have a problem with them being mentioned in adverts as long as it's not going to prompt people to want a real one - which I can't see this ad doing.

Exactly. What on earth is wrong with advertising chocolate bunnies? It even fits with 'Make Mine Chocolate'!

As someone who had a pretty severe speech impediment as a kid and still has a lisp as an adult, I don't see a problem with it. A lot of kids have problems with some sounds - especially Rs, many will grow out of it (with badgering from siblings) and some will not. I'm sure no one will be traumatised (and lots of people will get tasty chocolate rabbits) because of this advert.

Exactly. What on earth is wrong with advertising chocolate bunnies? It even fits with 'Make Mine Chocolate'!

Got to agree. I don't think we can criticise Aldi now after they were so good at listening to us and removing the ad with the real rabbit and replaced it with a chocolate rabbit as that is what we wanted!

I love the sainsbury ad :D

I didn't mean for people to get in a flap about it, just thought you'd all like to know. And I never said that we should all start complaining again :roll:

Back