• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easter Bunny mission - PDF file

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys,

My work have agreed to put the MMC campaign poster into the company magazine but they want it as a word document. Does anyone know how I change the format from PDF to .doc? I've had a fiddle but I can't work out how to do it :oops:.

To convert it properly you will need Adobe writer - you may be better off posting this in general chat as more people will see it and somebody is bound to have access to writer. :D

Have they said why they can't print it from the PDF? PDF is a pretty standardised file. They just need to download Adobe Reader or similar.

ETA, is it because they want the text? I might be able to take the text later and PM it to you.

Have they said why they can't print it from the PDF? PDF is a pretty standardised file. They just need to download Adobe Reader or similar.

ETA, is it because they want the text? I might be able to take the text later and PM it to you.

It's Government and we're very limited in what we can have on our system due to security issues. The person who produces the on-line magazine is just like me - a lowly payroll clerk who was given the job with no training or expertise and he has to 'muddle through'. He asked me to send it to him as a .doc file so that he could just cut and paste it into the e-zine. It would br great if you could create a text doc :thumb: - the bunny campaign would appreciate it.

Right ok, so do they just want the text in the document then? I'll have a go later.

Hello over here too :wave: Apparently if you use the converter on the pro version of Adobe it keeps the formatting etc - so that might be better than just the text? Up to you. I'll try it tomorrow anyway when I get a chance and see what happens :lol:

Ive PMed you. I've copied and pasted it into a doc but it's lost all formatting. It depends on whether it's just the text they want or the layout.

Back