• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's like having a baby again!

Here I am soaking pellets and using a garlic press to make "baby food" for Pebbles...half splattered over my work tops, half splattered over my clothes...first batch splattered over bedroom floor as he decided to knock it out of my hands before I had chance to put bowl on my floor...feels like I have a 6 month old baby again, going through the weaning stages!

I'm sitting on floor feeding him by spoon...when he finishes one batch, I start making up the next lot :roll: Just hope I can get him on solids soon :lol:

Ah what we do for our rabbits. Doughnut is still on three lots of meds so I still feel like a nurse with all of my syringes!

I was wondering how Pebbles was doing! So glad he's still here and being a properly demanding bunny! :thumb:

I was wondering how Pebbles was doing! So glad he's still here and being a properly demanding bunny! :thumb:

:lol: Things are going much slower than I was hoping for..he had metacam, gut stimulant and antibiotics after dental & x-rays on Saturday. More injections at 3pm yesterday and still won't eat anything other than soaked, mashed pellets or apple (which I only give him a tiny bit to get him interested in the mashed pellets) . He will occasionally go to eat a bit of piggy food as it's smaller, but just spit it out. I even finely chopped herbs this morning..not interested! Finely diced carrots..nope.:roll: he won't even touch a fenugreek crunchy! he is booked in for more injections at 4 this afternoon, when I will get to chat to vet about his lack of progress.

But at least he is eating something & drinking.

Little monkey...I did 4 soaked whole pellets..he turned his nose up so I left them in bowl with spoon on floor while i went to sainsbury..came back and they were gone! So I made another 4 ...again, I put them in bowl, and he turned his nose up again, so i went into kitchen to make him peppermint tea..came back and they were gone :lol: I'm sure he's having me on, thinking I'll spoon feed him if I don't see him eating the soaked, unmushed pellets :lol::lol:

At last! No more mashing pellets! Pebbles has now been weaned onto soaked pellets and is now happily munching quick dipped pellets :thumb::thumb: Still not quite ready for solid food ( he still shows interest when I rattle dry pellets but won't try them yet) , but I'm hoping tomorrow morning he will not only be running around my feet at the sound of dry pellets but actually eating them!

At last! No more mashing pellets! Pebbles has now been weaned onto soaked pellets and is now happily munching quick dipped pellets :thumb::thumb: Still not quite ready for solid food ( he still shows interest when I rattle dry pellets but won't try them yet) , but I'm hoping tomorrow morning he will not only be running around my feet at the sound of dry pellets but actually eating them!

Well done Pebbles! You're doing well! Hopefully your Mummy will get a break now! :p

Don't you have some recovery food? That would be easier to prepare as you don't have to mush it, only add water. It is also very palatable to rabbits, or at least Maia liked to eat it even when she didn't need it.

Unfortunately last couple of days he only occasionally attempted to eat hard small piggy food, but after a bite dropped it. So he has been on moist but not completely soaked ss pellets and I gave him his metacam on moist pellets, which he takes no problem no.

And I'm pleased to say, after 5 days he has just eaten about 20 piggy pellets, and is getting quicker at eating them ...yay :thumb:

edited to say, I don't have recovery food, as I know Pebs loves mushed pellets with a sprinke of apple on top to kick start him, so I have never needed to order recovery in, and I suspect they are expensive.

Last edited:
Back