• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis advice

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Not for me! My friends rabbit has stopped eating, he is only taking small treats and a little water and he is unusually placid. I know that she needs to get him to the vets asap but what is the best way to tell her? Can't find any good links! I dont want to seem preachy but I dont want her rabbit suffering and dying.

Just tell her bunny needs to see a vet ASAP before its too late if it was my friend I would tell her straight away :wave:

Ah brilliant thanks!

She said he has started to eat dandelions and has drunk a little. Will update later if anyone is interested! :lol:

It is just as important to monitor what comes out as what is going in.

If there are no poos, less poo or tiny hard poo the Rabbit still needs to see a Vet even if he/she is now picking at bits of food.

Hope Bunny will be OK xx

I would be blunt and just tell her that if he doesn't get to a vet asap he will die. But to be honest, I have never been in a situation where I have had to tell someone that, so I guess it could be difficult to be blunt. I just don't understand how some people know their pet needs treatment, but just want to "wait and see". Maybe I over react when my bun stops eating...I take him straight to vet and get meds ASAP.

Back