• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't think I am winning with Incas' Abscess - Update P25

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
As title, really don't think I am managing to beat this :(

Her foot is pretty swollen and I am not managing to get much pus out of it I must be hurting her. I do think that there is pus in there tho'. It is as tho' the hole is away at the opposite end to the pus and I canny get it out.

I feel like I am pressing her foot so much trying to get pus out. I am managing to flush it with iodine but the only way I can get honey in is to heat it up and that is meant to reduce the properties of the honey.

I feel like the abscess might be spreading :(

I just tried to get some pus out and she was flinching so much. Then I sat her on my knee and said 'Oh Inca I really want to help you but don't know how' and she licked my arm, which made me have a major cry.

Apart from that she is still her usual self, eating ok etc, but surely this can't go on :(:(

Last edited:
Aww. Poor inca and poor you! I hope something can be done for her. At least with her licking you , you know she isn't upset with you with all the squeezing and prodding. Bunnies are just so adorable:love:
Vibes for Inca xx

Awww poor Inca, it must be heartbreaking for you too :cry::cry::cry:

Time for another vets visit to see if its spreading?

So sorry Kermit, I really hope theres a way you can beat it xxxxxxx

:( I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot offer any advice but I can send some vibes to you and Inca. I hope it haven't spread and that the pus come out easy tomorrow.

Thanks guys :)

Yip, Jane, she is on Ceporex Injections as well as Metacam and I am also giving her some Echinacea

Aww, you are such a dedicated owner and went through so much with Kermit.
Perhaps another vet visit to see if the abscess has moved up and needs another drainage hole opened up, of course remember there will be a lot if inflammation too which will cause swelling.
Good luck.

Yip, I will take her to the vets tomorrow cos it does seem like the abscess drainage hole is just too far away from where the pus is.

I do think that the vet will try to convince me that enough is enough tho'

So sorry to read that Inca isn't improving.

Good luck with the vet visit tomorrow. I hope something else can be done to help.

Is the drainage hole big enough/near enough to get the end of a small syringe inside? I used to do this with Toadstool. It let me get the pus out without squeezing/causing discomfort; I then used a clean syringe to "inject" slightly warm manuka honey in, and would then flush that through - it's helpful if you can have two drainage holes so you can push the honey through the whole thing.

Sending vibes...

Sending vibes and prayers for dear Inca and you and also some huge hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Inca and Kermit)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I hope there is something that can be done to help her. You've done such a fantastic job treating her, those wee bunny kisses show she knows you're doing all you can. :love:

Im sorry I don't know what to say :( But I do hope the vet visit goes well tomorrow and something can be done to fight that nasty abscess x

I am really sorry you are struggling to get on top of this, I know you will be trying so hard. I hope the vet visit provides another option.

*hugs* there's no way to remove the abcess?
Would she cope without the toe?
I don't know what else could help :(
I hope it starts to get better xxxxx

Thanks everyone.

Her foot is even more swollen this morning, even up a bit of her leg, and the hole is so small that no pus comes out, she is clearly in pain when I touch her foot now. I will be taking her to the vets this morning, ideally I want them to lance and get as much pus out, but I can honestly see them saying that I should give up.

She has eaten her pellets and veg, but was uncomfortable when she was sitting on my knee, which is unusual for her :(

Back