• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrr ... our bunnies and the weather.......

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Just a wee thread to say that I reckon all the outdoor bunnies will be well jealous of their indoor bunny friends,,,,,

My 3 have been terrified witless today by the gales howling. They have been confined to their shed with all the clattering and clanging of garden implements being tossed about,,

Their run is a no go area with all their hay boxes, litter trays and tunnels being blown about,,,

The tarpaulin is like a sail and despite being weighted down with slabs has ripped totally..

Hugs for all the outdoor bunnies in this horrible cold, snowy and windy weather...:love:

poor little things! vibes for them.

but matthew tabitha charles and cecile are making provision for the weather, too. they're indoors, but their heater is on and charles and cecile have made a lovely burrow in their hay.

Oh I so feel for outdoor bunnies and their owners when the weather is bad or cold :( Thats why mine are indoors, I dont think they would even survive outdoors here in the depths of winter when it gets down to -20 :shock:

Warming strokes to all the outdoor buns experiencing bad weather at the moment :love:

Ive got one in one out and i do always feel bad for poppy but thats why she get a little bit of special treatment (but shhhh dont tell clover:lol:)

Oh I so feel for outdoor bunnies and their owners when the weather is bad or cold :( Thats why mine are indoors, I dont think they would even survive outdoors here in the depths of winter when it gets down to -20 :shock:

Warming strokes to all the outdoor buns experiencing bad weather at the moment :love:

I don't think I would survive if my buns were outside :lol:

Warming vibes beeing sent to all those outside buns!

Its been horrific today... i have tried to spend time with them in the shed but they have literally been hiding in their boxes.. Theres loads of poos so they must still be nomming... I hate this weather, its pants......

Looks like my neighbours new fence is swaying in the breeze too!!

Snuggles and hugs to all outdoor buns. An extra fenugreek crunchie all round. (Don't tell Spenser.)

Mine loved it, were doing bunny 500's in the snow today! And are now tucked up with snugglesafes and a new fleecy blankie (and yes they had an extra fenugreek crunchie and half a carrot before bed)

I on the other hand am frozen and going for a hot bath.

It was certainly cold outside this afternoon doing the Sunday clean out, the babies have seen so much snow since they were born!

Bizarrely no snow here today?!!!! ... just a howling gale.......... I'd love to see my 3 in the snow....

I feel so bad for them! All coming in tomorrow for bonding thankfully! Spent the day out so was up at six feeing hay etc and the shed was so badly snowed in I think I may have broken a bone in my foot trying to dig my way in. Am not so worried about the group as they have each other to snuggle up to but poor dexter is outside on him own and given that his hutch resembles an igloo it's definitely a worry :-(

Molley and Smokey been out free ranging loads today.
Have multiple layers on and hot cup of tea while supervising.
Although cold winds prefer this to all the rain we have.
Nice and snug with snugglesafes extra hay and plenty of cover.
But will sit in their run most of the night even in this weather.

The wood on the top of my runs have blown off.. the bunnies were impersonating a willow sandwich when I went out 10 minutes ago.The boys at either side with Willow squeezed in the middle. They are on their shelf on an old bath mat, their beautiful vet bed is sitting looking cosy but redundant....

Theres just now way I am leaving run open.. The gusts are bad..

The wood on the top of my runs have blown off.. the bunnies were impersonating a willow sandwich when I went out 10 minutes ago.The boys at either side with Willow squeezed in the middle. They are on their shelf on an old bath mat, their beautiful vet bed is sitting looking cosy but redundant....

Theres just now way I am leaving run open.. The gusts are bad..

Better for them to be safe. :thumb:

The wind has dropped here.

Back