• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Request for boarder for 1 week- West Yorkshire

I'm going on holiday on the 30th March for a week, and my neighbours were going to look after my bunnies. However, Tinkerbell is not too well at the moment. She has lost a lot of weight so needs a close eye on her and I will be finding out if she needs any treatment this week. I simply can't trust my neighbours with her as I don't think they will notice any signs of her getting ill. With a piggie on expensive eye drops, Theo being at the vets last month and Tink now possibly needing blood tests and xrays, I cannot afford to spend money on boarding. :( I know it is a huge ask and really cheeky of me but if anyone could help by looking after them whilst I'm away and be able to keep a close eye on Tink then please please let me know. I'm in West Yorkshire but going to the lake district on holiday so may be able to drop them off with someone on the way. More information on this thread.

PS. They are all neutered/spayed and vaccinated but cannot mix with any other rabbits.

Thank you x

I would totally offer but I have an overnight stay that week - so will be in same situation re someone coming in to check on mine.
Hope you manage to sort something :/

I'm going on holiday on the 30th March for a week, and my neighbours were going to look after my bunnies. However, Tinkerbell is not too well at the moment. She has lost a lot of weight so needs a close eye on her and I will be finding out if she needs any treatment this week. I simply can't trust my neighbours with her as I don't think they will notice any signs of her getting ill. With a piggie on expensive eye drops, Theo being at the vets last month and Tink now possibly needing blood tests and xrays, I cannot afford to spend money on boarding. :( I know it is a huge ask and really cheeky of me but if anyone could help by looking after them whilst I'm away and be able to keep a close eye on Tink then please please let me know. I'm in West Yorkshire but going to the lake district on holiday so may be able to drop them off with someone on the way. More information on this thread.

PS. They are all neutered/spayed and vaccinated but cannot mix with any other rabbits.

Thank you x

If you can't get anyone that you'd trust to look after them, maybe you would need to consider cancelling your holiday?

If you can't get anyone that you'd trust to look after them, maybe you would need to consider cancelling your holiday?

I've caused enough hassle as it is in my family with having the rabbits. I really doubt my family would appreciate me causing them to cancel the holiday. :( They've been looking forward to it since last year.

Last edited:
I'd offer to help - unfortunately I'm much too far away! Could you perhaps ask if you'd be allowed to attach a puppy pen in front of one of the ground level hutches in order to give them more space? Do they get time in the run at this boarders? If they do have time in a run, I'm sure they can manage for a week. Alternatively you could ask to set up a puppy pen in a space or if you have a small-ish run you could ask to bring that and have them in there on the floor? It looks like she has quite a lot of room in the 'rabbitry'!

Thank you. I have decided to give the holiday a miss. Parents agreed to let me stay home as long as I sleep over at my grandma's house (they don't like the thought of me being home alone at night) but she's only down the road. :wave:

Your parents have been great, glad they can see your point of view.

Hope Tinkerbell feels better soon.

x

Thank you. I have decided to give the holiday a miss. Parents agreed to let me stay home as long as I sleep over at my grandma's house (they don't like the thought of me being home alone at night) but she's only down the road. :wave:

That's great news and I think it's the right decision. You'll be much happier too, if you were away you'd only worry.

Back