• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housebun and vertical blinds

bunkin

Warren Veteran
We have bunny proofed all the wires in flexible tubing and he is good with funiture etc but we have a window wall out onto a balcony and vertical blinds. There blinds have plastic clips with plastic bobbles between each blind to keep them together ( anyone with blinds will know what I mean) and he likes playing with them but he does chew a bit and I am worried he will pull one off and eat it or manage to eat a bobble off:shock: If I remove them the blinds will not work properly.
Anyone had this problem with these blinds before?

I have horizontal blinds which have a similar thing at the bottom, they've not chewed that but they've somehow mangled the bottom "slat" :roll:

My dear little mini-lop friend did for the vertical blinds in his house the winter he lived indoors. He ate a fair amount of plastic, but was none the worse. :shock:

I would try to block them off, partly for their protection and also becuase I don't think eating plastic would be good for most bunnies' digestions.

I have vertical blinds and have removed the bobble string all together on the patio doors as the buns were sometimes getting tangled. They still work fine even with the bunny nibbles in the actual blind :D

Ahh I was thinking of removing them and seeing how they work. I agree he is pushing though them between the slats because he likes to go into the gap between blinds and window and I was just thinking this morning as he staggered through two slats he could get tangled in them.
the things you do for bunnies:roll:

I have the vertical blind and one of my bunnies got tangled in those plastic string/beady things, I was mortified, thank goodness I was there, I removed them and the blinds are fine without them

Back