• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long teeth

Rabbitfantothemax

Warren Scout
My bun (mini) had her top teeth taken out after her teeth when the wrong direction. They were meant to take all 4 but because she is a dwarf rabbit she reacted really badly to the anesthetic and stopped breathing so they left the bottom 2. As we all know they always grow so they are always growing and long. How can I cut down on then growing so fast? Its costing so much. and i cant put her through the op again.

I don't think you can cut them yourself they can splinter in the bunnys gums someone with more knowledge will be able to answer better than I can , but I wouldn't attempt to cut a bunnys teeth it's a job for a vet

I don't think you can cut them yourself they can splinter in the bunnys gums someone with more knowledge will be able to answer better than I can , but I wouldn't attempt to cut a bunnys teeth it's a job for a vet

I dont mean cut them manually myself i mean with food etc.

no I'm afraid as they have nothing to grind on (they need the top set to grind against) they will just keep growing, she will need more dentals and it could potentially cause issues with her molar teeth. She will need them removing (don't let them clip the teeth as this can shatter them) at some point or she is likely going to need very regular burring, which shouldn't really be done without anesthetic but if she stops breathing when sedated it may be the only option

Back