• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sand pit substrate

becpump23

New Kit
Hello :)

Thinking of getting my bunny a sand pit so he can dig. Could i use planting soil as a substrate and mix some straw in?

Any ideas/help would be appreciated, i'm a first time bunny owner

:)

Thank you

Mine have been digging snow today

I have an old pot sink in the garden that I fill with a grow bag, Twinkle spends ages flicking it all over the patio for me to sweep up:lol: In the wild they would dig soil so Ive always used a growbag, cheap and cheerful. They dont eat it they just dig.

Only problem is one of the cats likes it too, she burys and digs, ewwwww, the bunnies dont seem to mind

Frosty and Snowflake have ripped up newspaper in a large metal container (they just weed in soil) Mottle and Peaches have soil. Mottle ignores it but Peaches loves to dig. She is my only doe (2 more coming soon wooo wooo) so that could be why... I used earth from the garden. Good luck :wave:

Back