• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So hungry

My two bunnies are always hungry when I go to feed them.

What do I do? I give them a tub or food 2 times a day!

Are you feeding them an unlimited amount of hay?
The recommended amount of pellets is an eggcupful a day - with hay being 80-90% of their diet.
They will always 'ask' for more pellets - but you have to harden your heart as to feed them too many isn't doing their health any favours.

Oh really I never realised! The thing is with my 2 is they only like the green grass is that alright too?

I'd try a sample pack from Hay4Pets - free, just pay postage. You'll get smallish packets of Timothy & Rye, Meadow, and Ings, so you can see which they like.

You really have to stick with this hay thing - to keep their digestive system in good order and keep their teeth ground down. (If you fill them up with pellets, they'll ignore the hay, much like children liking sweets more than their proper meals).

I only realised this when I joined :wave:

When you go feed Sonic you'd think he'd had nothing for weeks! I gradually cut down, but he still hasn't properly forgiven me :roll:

Ignore the big, pleading eyes and the starving bunny act! :lol:

I only realised this when I joined :wave:

When you go feed Sonic you'd think he'd had nothing for weeks! I gradually cut down, but he still hasn't properly forgiven me :roll:

Ignore the big, pleading eyes and the starving bunny act! :lol:

Can't they make you feel awful!:lol:

Good luck with the hay! Bunnies need it to wear their teeth down ... I wish my Spenser ate more of it. He is dreadfully spoilt and likes to be hand-fed nice long strands. :roll:

We feed our two a small amount of SS pellet morning and night, and each time they dive into their bowls like they have never been fed. :roll:

I can understand how uneducated bunny owners can over feed their rabbits. :?

We feed our two a small amount of SS pellet morning and night, and each time they dive into their bowls like they have never been fed. :roll:

I can understand how uneducated bunny owners can over feed their rabbits. :?

Well, I was always told hay was good but at the same time you should give pellets. So glad I have this forum!

Yep, my bunny gets just under an eggcup a day, probably less than what's normally recommended. He can't digest more than that as he gets poorly.

When I went out the other day my mum fed him, I got back and she'd fed him more as he apparently looked 'so starving' and was 'begging at the bowl', so your bunnies aren't the only ones good at that act!!

Back