• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding.

oldmcdonaldsfarm

Warren Scout
I will try and explain the situation for which i need to work out the best solution for the bunnies.

I have Stewart who is 6.5 years old now but never neutered. Boo is 1.5 years old and spayed. These two are familiar with each other but live in different rooms. They can be let out together but Stewart just wants to have his way with her. Shes doesn't seem to mind as she knows she is quicker than him. Eventually he gets lazy and sits down.

Paul came along only 2 months ago and he is 2-3 years old and been recently neutered. Boo doesn't like him and tries to attack him, so bite his nose at the cage. Boo and Paul have to share the same room.

Boo seems quite unhappy at the moment. So I don't know what to do to keep her happy (and not upset the others either)

So my question...

Will they all live together?
Or is it a better option to bond Paul and Boo?
Or keep Stewart and Boo together?

Any advice is gratefully received.

Thanks

You will definately need to get Stewart neutered before any bonding can happen :D

Even though Boo nips Paul when he is in his cage this doesn't mean that they couldn't bond.

All 3 could be bonded once Stewart is neutered, worth a go :D

When living side by side mr Snowdrop bit Poppy via thd bars and would rattle the bars like mad too.nwd had them next door just 24 hours. Hevws just desperate to play (and play humpy humpy games:oops:). When they met it was love at first hump for him and he just flopped out all over the place! So not always a bad sign.

I agree with neutering first, then waiting a bit for healing and hormones to settle down

The vet wont neuter Stewart because of his age (6.5).

How long will it take Paul to settled down? Its been about 4 weeks since his op and his still humping like mad.

Back