• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How is my set up?

Rexripley

Mama Doe
As the title suggests?
Looking for some tips to make it better for my buns

20130323_141528_zps2e9e423c.jpg

You could take off the cage doors and cover the cage roof with cardboard or something (I cable tied some one) then put a blanket/towel over it so they can have a look out spot :) mine love jumping on things :) means they won't hurt themselves if they did jump on it and get a leg stuck too.

Apple sticks, wooden arch, forage box. Things like that:)

You could take off the cage doors and cover the cage roof with cardboard or something (I cable tied some one) then put a blanket/towel over it so they can have a look out spot :) mine love jumping on things :) means they won't hurt themselves if they did jump on it and get a leg stuck too.

Apple sticks, wooden arch, forage box. Things like that:)

Good ideas thanks!
I'm considering putting vinyl or something in the room, Harley has too many accidents

Good ideas thanks!
I'm considering putting vinyl or something in the room, Harley has too many accidents

Large blankets and cheap rugs will give them some grip :) Poppy has 3 rugs otherwise she wouldn't leave her bed:lol: not that she really leaves it anyway:roll::lol:

Leo has carpet in his room but he finds it tasty! So we're putting non slip lino down at the end of May, can't wait:) I've already bought a rug to put down for him:oops::lol:

It looks pretty good to me! Nice size, with 2 bases for litter trays and some tunnels etc! Aly&Poppy's idea is great - bunnies love lookout posts! How about a low-ish table for them to jump on top of too, or let them jump on top of the plastic boxes? You could put carpet tiles on top of the table thing if you think it might be slippy. I see you have a little cardboard box but my buns LOVE big ones, and a couple sellotaped together. The only problem is if yours eat cardboard, then I can see why you wouldn't want to put them in.

Changing to lino sounds good if they're having accidents. Just make sure to get the non-slip, slightly rough type so they have grip rather than the very slippy ones.

Large blankets and cheap rugs will give them some grip :) Poppy has 3 rugs otherwise she wouldn't leave her bed:lol: not that she really leaves it anyway:roll::lol:

Leo has carpet in his room but he finds it tasty! So we're putting non slip lino down at the end of May, can't wait:) I've already bought a rug to put down for him:oops::lol:

I'm still debating about keeping them inside or building them a shed with a run outside...

Aly&Poppy's idea is great - bunnies love lookout posts!

Would you please come explain this to my rabbits? They have a lovely low shelf and nice ramp up to it and refuse to investigate! Emerson will however scramble up our filing boxes onto my chair and gleefully leap off.

SO MUCH HAY! :thumb: I think your setup looks great! How do your rabbits get on with the mirror? Emerson scared the poop out of himself (literally) when investigating our bedroom and coming across a mirror. It gets turned around now when the door is open...!

Would you please come explain this to my rabbits? They have a lovely low shelf and nice ramp up to it and refuse to investigate! Emerson will however scramble up our filing boxes onto my chair and gleefully leap off.

SO MUCH HAY! :thumb: I think your setup looks great! How do your rabbits get on with the mirror? Emerson scared the poop out of himself (literally) when investigating our bedroom and coming across a mirror. It gets turned around now when the door is open...!

Bruce loves the mirror
He's a big poser :lol:

image_zps4f2c2f91.jpg

I think this will be our long term plan

rabbit-shed_zpsc68a45ee.jpg

Maybe start building this summer

I've got a shed/run for Poppy and I'm looking to change hers over to exactly this in the summer. She accesses the run day and night so would really like her to have more space in it to run around in:D

:lol:, silly bunnies! My two could teach them how to enjoy heights - their favourite game is jumping on my back when I bend down for anything!

I was standing on top of a single bed so they have that room as well. Need to repaint the walls though, few spray stains on them :lol:

Back