• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Pebbles please - Not so good update :( 9th April

:cry::cry:

He is in for X-rays today to see if his any tumors (he had a large abdominal tumor removed 3 years ago), or any dental root problems and may have surgery too, depending on x-ray results.

I'm sitting anxiously by the phone as vet said he would call me with x-ray results if the news is bad...so I'm really hoping there is nothing serious, and hoping Pebbles gets through the anaethetic..he was only in 4 weeks ago for a molar dental burr. I gave him the biggest hug ever this morning before I took him in..just in case it was the last time :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks . he is just coming round from procedure now. Seems like it was something to do with his teeth, though vet wants to see me when I pick him up at 5:40 to discuss it further with me. I hope it isn't anything too serious. Just glad he made it through the GA and I'll see him again :love:

Sorry I have only just seen this thread

I am glad that Pebbles came through the GA OK and I hope he recovers well xx

Thanks everyone...hopefully I'll get to see the x-rays when I pick him up. I'm guessing it's not going to be good if his teeth were causing problems just 2 weeks after a molar dental. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of research later to see how manageable his condition is, when I know the full extent of it. I really don't want him to have root problems.. I lost a bun to root absess 20 years ago, and can still picture me cleaning him and syringing him antibiotics 3 times a day for weeks, only to lose him when his bone become infected :cry: I know vet treatment is much better these days, so I am hopeful Pebbles can get through this.

Sorry I missed this earlier, but sending recovery vibes. I hope the x-ray results are not too worrying. xx

Thanks for all the vibes...I think they worked...Pebbles is now bouncing around the house! I'm so relieved as the x-rays showed no tumors and not teeth root problems. Something around his heart but the vet thinks this could be due to him being and "older bun" and not related to him not eating. What he did find when doing the dental, and showed me, was part of his molar that had rotted, and just broke off. His maoccluded molar had also overgrown since last dental and also inflammation around the gum. As he did not do the dental 4 weeks ago, it is possible that it was missed by the other vet, or not visible at the time (either just below the gum line, or in-between the teeth).

I love my vet :love::love::love: he only charged me for the x-rays and the medication (metacam and gut stimilant) and didn't charge me for the anaesthetic or the dental!

I have to take Pebbles back for another injection of metacam and gut stimulant tomorrow and monday, then continue for a few days with oral metacam and see how Pebbles responds.

I am hoping that it was just a case of a hidden or missed spur which caused him to not eat and resulting in over growth of maloclluded tooth, and that he will be OK for another 8-9 months

Just glad he is home :D

Thanks...very relieved and trying to keep optimistic ...I can't be putting him through a dental every three to four weeks so I'm hoping he starts eating properly soon and going to try him with different hays again, though I don't think hay will make much different to the malloclusion. It seems to be only one molar that is causing the problem, but I don't think the vet is willing to try to take the molar out.

Unfortunately he still isn't eating :( He had pain relief, gut stimulant and antibiotics at 3pm this afternoon..and he has only just eaten a tiny bit of apple (with peel removed) and about two very soggy ss pellets broken into small pieces..and even then he was struggling...he really won't like being syringe fed, but at this rate I think I'll have to try. He even refused to try carrot baby food..I bought loads of herbs...dill, coriander, parsly and fennel, and earlier he would attemp to eat it the coriander & parsley and just spit it out again. This really isn't looking good at the moment.:cry:

Back