• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter has a new 'friend'

Mirth

Mama Doe
This is Peter, 10 year old neutered male. Harlequin dutch type, he's been alone for over a year since his wife bun died, but I can't get another rabbit as my mum is looking after him and asked me not to, and it's pretty hard finding a place to rent around university that allows pets and in the job I'm training, I may be travelling around, maybe even abroad.

My brother suggested getting Peter a toy friend and that was something I was going to look for. I didn't expect it to be hard to find a bunny toy around Easter :lol: and I wasn't going to pay £15 for a lindt bunny even though it looked perfect.

So as I was going through my 100s of soft toys from the attic, I picked out a rabbit. He just stared at it (which are the photos above)

But today my mum called me over to say he's grooming it.

:love: he should feel a little less lonely now.

Awww, bless :) :love: I tried giving Bella a stuffed toy for company but she just kept trying to eat it :roll: She's been on her own for two months. Really want to get her a new bunny friend but like you I'm at university and she's currently being looked after by my mum. Haven't discussed getting another rabbit yet as I'm afraid she'll say no :?

yeah, it's worth an ask if you're back for the summer, that way you can bond them. Though I work up there, so I can't stay home for long and with his age it might be too stressful and no doubt will end up with a lone rabbit again, but much younger once he passes. He seems quite content on his own. My brother is usually upstairs when he comes home from work, so he gets talked to and hears him playing his online games and chatting to people.

Back