• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorted

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
On taking on 2 neutered bucks!

Theyre at Kirkby Pet Welfare, and it says they're neutered brothers living together.. Is this a good pairing?? What are peoples experience with neutered bucks living together??

Last edited:
If they're bonded then that's fine. There's quite a few people with neutered males living together. I don't think it's much difference with a male and female pair.

Celia never pairs up males, so these must have always been together (brothers) in which case she neuters them as soon as they are old enough and doesn't split them.

There have been a number of male sibling pairs and trios at the rescue and all have been fine. In cases where brothers have fallen out, it has generally been early on in their life so they have been split and paired with females.

Which ones are they?

ETA Just noticed you said they were brothers.....not reading properly :roll:

Celia never pairs up males, so these must have always been together (brothers) in which case she neuters them as soon as they are old enough and doesn't split them.

There have been a number of male sibling pairs and trios at the rescue and all have been fine. In cases where brothers have fallen out, it has generally been early on in their life so they have been split and paired with females.

Which ones are they?

ETA Just noticed you said they were brothers.....not reading properly :roll:

http://www.kirkbypetwelfare.org/highlight.php?id=113
http://www.kirkbypetwelfare.org/highlight.php?id=114

She said I can go today to see them, I could see how much a taxi would be, have you seen the weather :roll:

I told her they'd be house buns, which they will be, so do you know if I'll be able to take them today or if she does home checks? :D

I had a pair of non-related foster boys and they were absolutely fine together, had been together from very young. Though I have known a couple of people had brothers together got them neutered then they started fighting. I would think once they've been together a while without any problems that wouldn't change.

I had a pair of non-related foster boys and they were absolutely fine together, had been together from very young. Though I have known a couple of people had brothers together got them neutered then they started fighting. I would think once they've been together a while without any problems that wouldn't change.

They're already neutered :wave:

Awwwwww a lop and uppy eared matching pair. :love::love:

I'm at Bilsthorpe which is north Notts and about 12 miles east of Kirkby. It's snowing here at the moment and I guess it will be snowing at Kirkby. I would think the main roads will be OK though. Celia is on a side road, but it is just off a main road which is a bus route so will have been gritted etc.

If you do go, then take along some photos of where they will be living so that it shows how they will be kept (freerange, in a pen etc). Celia doesn't have internet access (she is in her 70s so not up there with technology!!) so not able to access RU and emails to look at pics. She may well be happy with the photos, if not then I could come down to Nottingham and do a quick homecheck.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for these two lads. :love:

I'm not sure about temperaments, as they are not in the area I usually clean/feed. I hope Tracy can give you more information. :wave:

Awwwwww a lop and uppy eared matching pair. :love::love:

I'm at Bilsthorpe which is north Notts and about 12 miles east of Kirkby. It's snowing here at the moment and I guess it will be snowing at Kirkby. I would think the main roads will be OK though. Celia is on a side road, but it is just off a main road which is a bus route so will have been gritted etc.

If you do go, then take along some photos of where they will be living so that it shows how they will be kept (freerange, in a pen etc). Celia doesn't have internet access (she is in her 70s so not up there with technology!!) so not able to access RU and emails to look at pics. She may well be happy with the photos, if not then I could come down to Nottingham and do a quick homecheck.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for these two lads. :love:

I have photos of Misty when she had the run of the kitchen (our kitchen is very large :wave:) and if they're toilet trained well then they could come in the living room at night when we're in there. I'm in Mansfield :wave: it's £7 something for a taxi, and I said i'd ring if I couldnt make it today. Does she accept deposits? I'm so excited!

Tracy - do you know these 2? :) are they good hay eaters and nice temperaments and that?

I don't really know these two. Celia and I have out set 'route' for feeding and cleaning out, so I don't normally do these lads. There are well over 100 rabbits, so I don't get to see them all.

I have 8 Kirkby rabbits and my experience is that they like to eat!!! The rabbits at the rescue get fed once a day (rabbit food and a small amount of veg), the rest of their diet is hay.

I had two neutered brothers together (sadly Pepper is now at the bridge) and they were very happy together for 8 years, very close.
When I adopted from Celia, I took her photos of where Ruby would be living, and that was fine.

I have photos of Misty when she had the run of the kitchen (our kitchen is very large :wave:) and if they're toilet trained well then they could come in the living room at night when we're in there. I'm in Mansfield :wave: it's £7 something for a taxi, and I said i'd ring if I couldnt make it today. Does she accept deposits? I'm so excited!

If you go there and decide that you do want them, then Celia will reserve them for you.

If you don't take them away with you, then I will be more than happy to collect them and bring them to you once everything is sorted and you are ready for them. Don't go spending your money on more taxi fares. I'm always happy to do a bit of driving to get a Kirkby bun to a good home. :D

If you go there and decide that you do want them, then Celia will reserve them for you.

If you don't take them away with you, then I will be more than happy to collect them and bring them to you once everything is sorted and you are ready for them. Don't go spending your money on more taxi fares. I'm always happy to do a bit of driving to get a Kirkby bun to a good home. :D

That is very kind of you! I'll leave her some money on them, and when the snow has cleared I might know someone who would give me a lift, but I'll let you know either way.. Getting ready to phone a taxi and go and see them!! Let you know when I get back :wave:

Edit: Taxi is going to be about half hour because of the weather... Probably end up getting the bus back into town! Or being stranded with lots of bunnies :lol: also, I'll say Tracy has offered to do a bunny run to get them to me when we have everything sorted if I can't get transport :wave:

Last edited:
Back