• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our handsome Bernie fell to sleep forever today :(

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
He's my family's dog, we got him when I was 5 years old, and now after 15 years and 9 months of a wonderful, happy life he is sleeping forever :( He was definitely ready though, he was struggling with his walking and his arthritis must have really been sore :( the vets came to our house, and he got up and wagged his tail at them which made it feel even worse, but then he couldn't stand for very long and we knew it was his time. It was quick and he didn't seem to suffer too much. I miss him though :( He was an amazing dog, and I'll never forget him :love:

Here are some photos we've taken in the last few days:

DSCN0156_zps96adcc6b.jpg

DSCN0236_zps50fd3ebf.jpg

DSCN0246_zpsab55ac64.jpg

DSCN0270_zpsd7a9b1fe.jpg

DSCN0281_zpse1383efa.jpg

DSCN0289_zps4d145449.jpg

One day I'll photocopy the photos of him sleeping with our first rabbit when he was younger, they were great friends :love:

I hope you all like the photos, he was a handsome boy, even in his extremely old age :D

Love you always Bernie, it's so strange without you xxxx

What a gorgeous old lad. :love::love: The photos are beautiful. He's had a wonderful life surrounded by so much love. :love:

Goodnight Bernie, sleep well handsome lad. xx

Such a handsome chap. It's so very hard to say goodbye when you've shared their love for so many years. Sleep tight and sweet dreams Bernie.

your photographs brought tears to my eyes (or my 'ears' as i typed at first!). it's very touching that you had your family photographs before he had to go. you will treasure them forever, as you will treasure his memory. i'm sorry for your loss but you did what was best and most loving.

Thanks everyone, it's been really hard and I have been crying, but I know he was ready, and he'd had everything he wanted and needed in life :love: all your words are so kind and touching :love:

I'm so sorry :cry:

He was a very beautiful boy - I still remember the pain of losing my childhood dog :cry: but it seems like Bernie had a lovely life and was much loved.

Sweet dreams Bernie xxx

What a beautiful boy he was and clearly a treasured friend

What gorgeous heartwarming pics.......

Rest in peace beautiful boy.. xxx

Aw dogs become such a part of your family it's hard to comprehend that they'll leave you. He looked like a lovely happy dog I'm sorry you've lost him :(

I'm so sorry, you can see how much he was loved from those pics, he was a beautiful boy

I am so sorry. We lost our family dog last year after a wonderful 16 years. It feels like your heart has been ripped out. I hope you take strength in the many happy years you had together.

He was a beautiful boy.

Night night Bernie.

Thanks for all your messages :love:

I feel so sick everytime I think of him in the ground in the garden, in all this rain :'( it's so much easier to just imagine he's downstairs asleep on the sofa :( I reckon it's going to be ages before I walk into my parents' house and don't wonder why he hasn't come to greet me :( he was always the first person I go to see whenever I come home :( but he has no pain now which is the important thing.

My parents are going to get another dog and I'm sure Bernie would've been so pleased that our parents are going to be able to give another dog a happy life like his was :love:

((((HUGS))))) xx

Thanks :) I managed to get hugs from Harvey straight after, and I think he knew I was sad because everytime I put him down he'd come running back to me to be picked up :love: I gave the bunnies the biggest kisses ever at bedtime!

Aww, bless you, lots of hugs your way. It must be unimaginabley hard to deal with the loss of a dog. I was devastated at my bun suddenly passing, so I can't imagine what I'll be like when my dog goes to the bridge :cry:

He was a lovely boy xxxxx

Back